PDA

View Full Version : Spare Tire

sunvger79
10-04-2015, 01:35 PM
what do you guys do for a spare? yes or no? what do you need to carry if you do have one? thanks

Chuck v
10-05-2015, 07:18 PM
No spare on my 42 foot coach and no place to put it. I could not lift one, or jack up the coach with what it travels with, nor do I have a torque impact wrench large enough for that sort of job. For the cost of one spare tire/rim/lost storage and tooling up to do it yourself (even if you are a Charles Atlas type body builder...) you can buy many years of roadside service for your coach -- and that is useful for more than just tire service.

Remember that you have to change out that spare every 7 years due to age even if it never touches the ground...

Chuck

Frutza
10-08-2015, 01:21 PM
I do carry one, because I tow an enclosed trailer, I use the motorhome jacks to lift it, blocks if needed. Or a 20 ton bottle jack. 3/4" IR impact off rig air or a 3/4" breaker bar and a cheater pipe. about a 3' long pry bar to lift the tire. don't jack it up to high, barely off the ground. I have never had to use the spare. It is one of my inside duals from when I got new tires, that had no cracks in it.
Some people just carry a tire not mounted, I can change the tire, so I carry one.
I think it scares the other tires to not go flat, I also have Tpms to avoid these problems

RayChez1
11-14-2015, 08:56 PM
NO spare on my coach. Too heavy to carry one and it would take too much space on my bigger compartment. I could not lift one of them tires anyways. So if I have a blowout or a flat, I would just call Coach-Net to come and replace it.