PDA

View Full Version : Help with Chassis Battery

RonKash
10-28-2015, 11:51 AM
Spartan says that my 2000 Senic Cruser Diesel pusher came with two 12 volt batteries, I have 3.
There are 3 heavy gage cables (with red tape) and a heavy gage Black cable, in the battery tray. One Red cable has holes for 2 batteries as also does the black cable (ground). Do the other 2 cables connect to the same 2 batteries?

I also have a bundle of 8 white smaller gage wires and 1 black smaller gage wire. Do thery connect to the 3rd 12 volt battery?
I was having dead battery problems and replaced the batteries thinking that 4 months later I would remember what I did :(
The battery disconnect was covered with Mud Daubbers and has been replaced as well as several fuses.
I need to know what cables to connect the batteries to :)

earmar
11-07-2015, 03:30 PM
If no answer yet, I don't think all 3 battery should be connected to gether, on my Sun Voyager I have one chassis and two house battery. I am sure the smaller wires should go to the house battery but maybe a pusher has 2 chassis battery for diesel engine. Or are your two sets in different locations.

RayChez1
11-14-2015, 08:18 PM
My 2002 Scenic Cruiser has two 12 volt chassis batteries and four six volt house batteries. I am not close to the coach at the moment, but as soon as I find out I will post. I have the Freightliner chassis with the Caterpillar engine.