PDA

View Full Version : Opposing sofas in a BT Cruiser 5211

malojeer
01-21-2016, 10:28 PM
We just bought a 07 22' BT Cruiser and the 2 opposing jackknife sofas fold down to make a king sized bed. When we went to fold them down on our 1st trip last week I found out that the edges that I thought would touch stay about 6 inches apart making 2 beds. Is this the way they are supposed to be? Has anyone used something to fill the gap making the 2 sofas into 1 bed? Thanks for any help

LabCab
01-23-2016, 06:06 PM
I have seen a piece that you can use to connect and fill tow twin beds to make a "Whole" bed. You might want to check around for one of them. Vermont Country Store or the Net. That may work. GS did some strange things. 2 couches to form one bed? Strange.

KRoseVideo
03-09-2016, 03:36 PM
We bought a 2004 BT Cruiser 5211 and we have the same beds that you described but they butt up against each other in the center of the vehicle. Our BT Cruiser is 96" wide and there is approximately 3" spacing between the bed and the wall on both sides when the bed is open. Perhaps you can check the mounting screws on the bottom of your sofa's on both sides to position them slightly closer together? I did take a photo of the bed in its open position, which I believe is a Queen Sized Bed, not a King.

Roy

KRoseVideo

Helvetica
05-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Just like my BT Cruiser. We have a bit of a space between as well. Also do you know where I can get a new Jack Knife similar to the one in we both have in ours. Ones I see on line are nasty looking and very cheap.

Lcliou
05-09-2018, 09:16 AM
We have a 2018 BT Cruiser which has the same two-couches-making-a-king-bed deal. We have the gap too. But we use the seat-back cushions from the couch on the slide side to fill the gap. The result is good, as if it is by design...

dgl2005
08-26-2018, 03:10 PM
Our 2016 BT cruiser 5230 has the same twin jack-knife couches and with a slide to boot which provides a 12-14" gap. however it does make it easier to get to the front or rear of the coach so we are ok with it

Nanasue
08-27-2018, 09:58 AM
Hi, we just bought a similar unit with two slides but only one Jack knife bed. We took that apart and turned it into a regular hide a bed. It's queen size and has worked out great.

Kat
09-11-2020, 12:09 AM
Hi did you convert the actual jack knife bed+or replace?

dgl2005
09-11-2020, 09:07 AM
Hi did you convert the actual jack knife bed+or replace?
No we kept the jack knives as they were, added a 4" encased topper with an inexpensive quilt top and they are extremely comfortable. Plus, if you need to get up and use your facilities, arrange the tv or other activities, the gap allows easy movement.
When we flip the jack knives up into a sofa setting, we use a bungee cord on each end of the sofa attached to the metal hinges to keep the topper and quilt in place and you have full use of the floor and the toppers do not slide off.

bbaluski
09-13-2020, 06:08 PM
Can you post a picture of the hideabed.

hossross
10-18-2020, 11:30 PM
I have the BT Cruiser 5250 which sounds simular to what you described. I also would like pictures of open bed, strapped with cushions off and finally in full sofa configuration. My couch is low in front and hence the cushions want to slide to the middle. Are you having any problems with the cushions staying on with the 4 inch foam and top? thanks