PDA

View Full Version : BT Cruiser 2006 cab rattle

Vic
09-06-2016, 04:20 AM
Our cab over the truck has a serious rattle. Has anyone found a way to correct this.

bfrazier
07-08-2017, 02:34 PM
Let's bump this up to the top. Mine too, a 2006 BT Cruiser 5291. I'd call it a squeak.

Thanks Everybody!
Bob

Grumpy
07-29-2017, 07:15 AM
Hi, I have a 5230 that had the squeak from the over head. I had to take the headliner down and find a way to get a wrench on the bolts under the cabinetry above and tighten 5 bolts that hold the overhead to the roof of the cab. Hope this helps.

bfrazier
07-29-2017, 08:21 AM
Hi, I have a 5230 that had the squeak from the over head. I had to take the headliner down and find a way to get a wrench on the bolts under the cabinetry above and tighten 5 bolts that hold the overhead to the roof of the cab. Hope this helps.

Oh boy! I'd hate to try and tear into that and not get it back together tight!! I guess if you have guts that's the way to do it. I'm thinking I'll have to live with the squeak for now. Thanks Grumpy.

Grumpy
07-29-2017, 08:56 AM
Oh boy! I'd hate to try and tear into that and not get it back together tight!! I guess if you have guts that's the way to do it. I'm thinking I'll have to live with the squeak for now. Thanks Grumpy.

Sadly that's the only way to get rid of the overhead squeak. It's not a terrible job,
1- after you you remove the headliner, just a few screws under the button caps
2- you have to remove the items in the over-cab cabinets and by using the locations of the bolts coming through the cab ceiling use a hole drill to make access holes to the other end of the bolt (just the bottom of the cabinet interior)
3- Get a socket with a long enough extension for the cabinet side of the bolt head and a wrench for the cab ceiling end and tighten.
4- repeat 5 times.

You will be surprised at how loose they become and the difference it will make.