PDA

View Full Version : Independence 8295i MY2006 headlight replacement

Sandrofelisio
09-30-2016, 02:10 AM
Hallo you all,
my MY 2006 independence 8295i front headlight are very tired...
The crystal plastic is completely Yellow and the light is very low.
The time gave them a bad look and I'm ready to replace them.

I've seen on the web that a lot of RV (of different brand also) uses those lights, but I did not found any upgraded replacement.
There isn't a lenticular xenon upgrade?
There isn't a more modern upgrade?

It seems that there are some (that look the same) that are upgraded but the seller doesn't know if they fit to my RV, he just say "could be the same) but not sure.

Can someone of you bros help me to find an upgraded solution?
Please help me, I'm in Italy and for me it is so difficult to investigate...

Have a wonderful day!

Sandro

http://www.saxlab.it/web/campersmall800.jpg

richardscatzhouse
10-05-2016, 10:53 AM
Many places exist that do Light renewal/polishing, I had mine done two yrs ago and it's about time to do again. the local car wash has an auto detailer with a sign for light cleaning perhaps I'll try him, last time A guy was camped at Jiffy Lube did it.
Two years for $30 seems fair.

Good Luck

RayChez1
02-11-2017, 10:41 PM
Hello Sandro, I have been doing a little research on the headlights on your Independence and what I found on a forum was a post on headlights for a 2008 Independence and it says that they use 03-06 Ford Expedition head lamps.

I got that information from www.IRV2.com (http://www.IRV2.com)

RayChez1
02-11-2017, 10:54 PM
I have found on E-bay all kinds of brand new headlights for your coach. Some are even free shipping. All kinds of head lights for 2006 Gulf Stream Independence.

I know it has been a while since your post, but I finally got to it and done some research and that is the place to purchase what you need. Hope that helps.

RayChez

Dennis4809
02-12-2017, 04:42 PM
I emailed Glufstream and asked the source vehicle for the headlights on our 2006 Friendship. They answered promptly that they are from a 2000-2002 Mercedes G Class. Rockauto.com is and inexpensive source if you know the source vehicle.

Good luck,