PDA

View Full Version : Slide-out Operation

SlimTim
11-16-2016, 01:41 AM
I am not sure if all the Supernova's are like this but my 2010 Supernova 6400 slide-outs only work when the engine is running. I thought this was a pain in the backside so I just rewired my slides so they will work with the engine running, or when the generator is on, or when on shore power. This was relatively simple to do and I would be happy to take some photos or talk to anybody that is interested in doing this.

rld63
12-02-2016, 03:54 PM
I have a 2008 and I can run the slideouts in all the configurations you mentioned. I have never had to have the engine running, the generator and shore power work as long as I have the key in the accessory position.

THenne1713
08-05-2017, 11:10 PM
THERE ARE SAFETY reasons for SLIDES only operating w/ ENGINE OFF, (SOME w/ DRIVERS SEAT SLID FULLY FORWARD), to either prevent slide & seat damage (OR) Prevent slide and (OTHER) damage from a slide deploying while traveling (SAY (kids/ adult) curious fingers while TRAVELING INTERSTATE??????????

THenne1713
08-22-2017, 10:23 PM
(UPDATE/ Correction) I read on other sites that slide operation when engine ON/ OFF varies by MFR, apparently (some) prefer highest available battery voltage, since slides are such a HIGH CURRENT DRAIN. Apologies if my safety wording was misleading.