PDA

View Full Version : Furnace Ductwork

edd
11-21-2016, 01:35 PM
We bought a used 2001 Gulfstream Ultra motorhome in May 2013. When we went to use the furnace in the fall, we got very little heat out of the duct under the dinette. The furnace is located on the right side, in the bathroom area. There is a duct in the bedroom area as well. Both work fine. When we took off the intake air grate, we could see holes in the duct work which runs under the refrigerator down between the floor and storage area. It comes up under the oven on the left side of motorhome. It looks like mice has chewed holes in the ductwork. Any ideas of how to replace the ductwork between the floor and storage area. Has anyone had this problem?

THenne1713
08-05-2017, 11:23 PM
Going thru my (new to me) 99 Conquest class c, I found a broken flex duct connector collar to the floor duct UNDER THE KITCHEN SINK. Might want to pull the drawers to inspect (plastic release button under each drawer bottom center)... (also found/ pulled out store bags, trash bags, kitchen knives and utensils)... guessing they bounced over the tops of the drawers, (either while traveling or opening/ closing). (STILL on my list of items to fix :-(,,, but should be a simple, cheap fix w/ new collar... just have not measured diameter yet...

THenne1713
08-22-2017, 10:33 PM
TIP: (HOW TO REPLACE) (I know, a 10-mo old), 2-inch duct I see on internet in 25-foot rolls, (maybe RV centers also?); 4-inch available at big-box for dryers, LOCATE both ends of old duct, and attach new duct to old w/ foil adhesive duct tape (available Big box or RVV or AC? Heat suppliers) and pull new duct in as you pull old out from other end. tip: If it routes THRU an area w/ drawers, REMOVE THE DRAWERS AND METAL DRAWER GUIDES FOR EASIER ACCESS.