PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Conquest 6319 floor trouble

HuskeyBoy
01-19-2017, 08:33 AM
Me and my family just got our first Class C! We're a super excited, but I've found one issue with the floor :(. Yep, a springy spot. Not terrible, but if I remove the linoleum and cut a peice of the floor up, what will I see under it construction wise? Metal trusses, wood trusses on metal frame, etc? I'm familiar with house construction and handy man work, so lay it on me. Thanks!

HuskeyBoy
01-19-2017, 10:05 AM
I have googled this for pictures of the floor until I'm blue in the face, so I have tried to find it, now I need yalls help :D 8)

SlimTim
02-20-2017, 06:24 PM
Huskeyboy

I did a Google search for a 2008 conquest 6319 Brochure and one came up as the first listing. According to the brochure these units had steel trusses. I suspect on top of the trusses is a sheet of galvanized metal and then on top of this is the wood underlay and then the linoleum on top of the wood underlay.

SlimTim
02-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Huskeyboy

I did a Google search for a 2008 conquest 6319 Brochure and one came up as the first listing. According to the brochure these units had steel trusses with a sheet of galvanized metal on top of the truss, then a layer of insulation then on top of this is the wood underlay and then the linoleum on top of the wood underlay.

The description in the brochure so I would look at this and it should give you a good idea on what you are getting into. Also let me know how it goes as I have a soft spot in my floor that I need to fix as well.

Tim

03-01-2017, 10:26 AM
I have the same problem in a 6341dk. Right by the passenger side rear slide out next to fridge. I have check all the pluming and slide out seals and no leaks detected. I thought possible condensation from fridge but nothing. Doesn't seem to be getting worse but before i commit to ripping floor up i would be interested to hear what you find. I noticed your model has the full slide on driver side according to brochure.

ahrendt4871
03-15-2017, 08:50 PM
Same issue in my 2004 Endura M6340. Called the factory, but they didn't offer much info. I think I have to take the plunge and cut a hole and look around. No one has pics of a cut open floor, huh?

MAJWayne88
10-06-2020, 11:29 AM
I have the same issue (soft spots) throughout my 2006 Gulfstream. I'm about to find out what kind of subfloor I have, so that I can replace it with something firmer.