PDA

View Full Version : Dewald Power Gear levelers

darbyjudy
04-05-2017, 10:22 AM
I own a 2004 Gulfstream SunVoyager. I have noticed that while the motor home is in storage that the left jack will extend. I find no leaks and I can hit all retract and it will pull back up. I have not noticed that it drops when I have the jacks down and I have motor home leveled. I called a RV dealer and he said it probably needs the left rear cylinder rebuilt to the tune of $600.00. I have been a mechanic most of my life and with this I feel that I am about to be taken to the cleaners. Has any of the rest of you had this problem? I have been just making sure I run it up every time I stop the last couple of times I have used it. But I am afraid it will drop down while driving and tear something up. If you can give me any help at all I certainly would appriciate it. I have found nothing on the internet to help with this problem, also no one else mentioned the same problem.

RayChez1
04-14-2017, 01:29 PM
Six hundred is high, but if they have to take it off and rebuild it, it will take every bid of five hours and they usually charge like $125.00 per hour. Not exactly sure how Dewald power gear levelers work or built.