PDA

View Full Version : Feedback? 06' Vista Cruiser Mini 4270 w/ 6.0L Diesel

dcg4403
06-20-2017, 11:14 AM
I'm in the process of purchasing a single owner, 2006 GS Vista Cruiser 4270 model which is a 27'-7" with the Ford 6.0L diesel.

Having owned a 7.3L and being a bit of a gear head, I'm very familiar with the 6.0L diesel and the related maintenance needs / potential head aches there. With proper maintenance and a few upgrades, they can be very reliable. I ultimately need the diesel for towing requirements and b/c I simply love them.

My question is surrounding the RV itself. I can find almost no information on the 4270 series. Seems to be a very low volume production unit. Judging from the brochure, the quality of materials seems great with a poly-tech coated aluminum roof and aluminum skins. Of course, this is generally a ton of negative information on GS as a whole....poor customer service, poor quality craftsmanship, etc. I take a lot of this with a grain of salt.

I'm hoping anyone familiar with this model can chime in on observations / experiences. I'm buying remotely (after a buyer's pre-inspection report) so it is difficult for me to check out all the fine details.

Thanks and eager to become a working part of the forum!

Devin

SlimTim
07-18-2017, 12:25 AM
Hello Dcg4403,

Sorry I can't help you with you RV specific question. However I am glad to hear somebody else out there likes the 6.0. I currently own a 7.3, 6.0 (its actually the vt365) and a 6.7. I should probably look for a used truck with the 6.4 to round out my collection. I have a couple of posts on the Supernova page about the installation on an oil cooler and water methanol injection if you are interested. Good luck without new to you RV.