PDA

View Full Version : water leak - 2006 Independance

lydiabanks
07-07-2017, 08:22 PM
My 2006 Independence has a mysterious water leak. It presents itself by
coming up through the bedroom floor which is laminate. We are on a 2 month trip and keep mopping up the water. Some days not so bad. Today REALLY bad. the only water we used today was to wash our coffee cups and pot this morning. It appears to be clean water, yet it is not from the fresh water tank. Has anyone had the problem? Any suggestions are welcome.

THenne1713
08-05-2017, 10:39 PM
My 2006 Independence has a mysterious water leak. It presents itself by
coming up through the bedroom floor which is laminate. We are on a 2 month trip and keep mopping up the water. Some days not so bad. Today REALLY bad. the only water we used today was to wash our coffee cups and pot this morning. It appears to be clean water, yet it is not from the fresh water tank. Has anyone had the problem? Any suggestions are welcome.

I see this is a month old w/ no replies, so might I suggest if not rain water, possibly condensate/ sweating from the air conditioner supply vent in the ceiling? Either you have a condensate drain blocked, or unit is maybe slightly over-charged and supply air temp is below dew point, causing the sweat. The COIL should be below dew point (thus dehumidifying, but if too cold, causes air temp to drop too low, letting other duct work sweat. If COOLING coil is dirty, proper heat exchange may not occur, and coil temp can again drop too LOW, AND have been known to freeze/ ice... You ONLY want coil to be below dew point so that the condensate properly flows to the drains.