PDA

View Full Version : Nothing electrical

07-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Newbe here.
I have a 2003 GS Independence 29' gas rv. Had it camping, ready to leave and no a/c, slides, apparently no fuel pump. Engine turns but no gas. Generator starts but no power on appliances. Everything apparently works when jumped from a battery (except appliances of course). Shoreline is plugged into camper circuit. Any clues appreciated. I've checked a/c distribution under hood. Breaker on battery main cable, in vehicle fuse block. Two slide inline fuses. No fuses blown (of course in inverter). Where is the panel I am missing?

Frutza
07-22-2017, 05:54 AM
check your transfer switch

07-24-2017, 11:51 AM
Where is it please and what does it look like?

Frutza
07-25-2017, 09:03 AM
Mine is located under the bed, but yours is a gasser. It will be feeding your breaker boxes, I can't find a flow chart right now, but, your shore power cord and generator feed into it and it switches from one to the other then power out to your breaker box or surgeguard, if you have one, but should be close to breaker box. It has to relays inside, with ALL power off you can see if the relays are stuck, they sometimes arc together, you should be able to stroke them aliitle and they will spring back, or check for power in and out with a meter

KRoseVideo
07-25-2017, 01:15 PM
I had problem with my 12 volt circuits as I was getting ready for a trip in my BT 5211. Problem was that one of my wires in the House Battery compartment had bumped one of the Buss Breakers in the Battery Compartment. There are three breakers in mine, mounted on the wall of the battery compartment. I reset all three of the breakers so I am not sure which one was the offending actor, but after re-setting all 3, my 12 Volt circuits worked.
My Refrigerator (Dometic 6 Cu Ft?) needs the 12 volt circuit to control it, even when it is plugged into shore power (110 AC). Hence, my Refrigerator that was not working, started working just fine.
Also, Ford dealer found a 5 amp in-line fuse hiding along a wire from the battery to the solenoid under the hood that had blown. Replaced it an then solenoid acted to have the vehicle generator charge up the house batteries as we drove.
--------------------
Roy ... ... ... KRoseVideo ... ... ... ... ... 25-JUNE-2017

07-26-2017, 08:02 PM
Thanks so much. I'll try this.

07-26-2017, 08:02 PM
Mine is located under the bed, but yours is a gasser. It will be feeding your breaker boxes, I can't find a flow chart right now, but, your shore power cord and generator feed into it and it switches from one to the other then power out to your breaker box or surgeguard, if you have one, but should be close to breaker box. It has to relays inside, with ALL power off you can see if the relays are stuck, they sometimes arc together, you should be able to stroke them aliitle and they will spring back, or check for power in and out with a meter

Thank you. Will try this. Again thanks.