PDA

View Full Version : Engine battery boost?

lauxydad
07-28-2017, 07:59 AM
I have a 2001 class A Conquest. 8.1liter Chevy. Can someone tell me if there i a battery boost switch where the house batteries can be used to help start the engine. Sorry to say I have not had this unit very long and currently is in shop. Nowhere in manual is there info on this. Thanks for any reply.

Ed

Sudsy
07-30-2017, 07:58 PM
I have a 2001 class A Conquest. 8.1liter Chevy. Can someone tell me if there i a battery boost switch where the house batteries can be used to help start the engine. Sorry to say I have not had this unit very long and currently is in shop. Nowhere in manual is there info on this. Thanks for any reply.

Ed

I can show you my control panel and you can try to compare. Top row in the middle. Has a picture of a battery on it. I push it irst and thrn the generator start button to get the gen going. Then the main will crank as soon as it gets a good enough charge.

This is all theory. I have never used it for an emergency.

Sudsy

Chuck v
07-30-2017, 11:10 PM
Ed,

Sudsy's coach may work as he described, but my present DP Tour Master and other coaches I am familiar with use the cross connect of the house and chassis batteries to start the main engine directly. On my T40-C the momentary rocker dash switch is labeled Aux Start and is on the left end of the top row of dash switches.

At least on my coach, the generator starts from a third set of batteries that also power the inverter for 110 volt appliances in my rig like the residential refrigerator. That stack of 4 each 6 volt golf cart batteries (in series/parallel configuration) make up the inverter source with over 450 amp-hours of capacity.

Chuck

lauxydad
07-31-2017, 07:22 AM
Thanks, Sudsy! I know the switch on my dash.....the battery switch has a "lightning bolt" label and is next to Gen switch. You explained it perfectly. Thanks again.
Ed

lauxydad
07-31-2017, 07:25 AM
Thanks, Chuck! I now figured it out. Pretty simple with a little help from guys like you and Sudsy! I was told by my mechanic that one of the two house batteries is for the Gen. so using the dash switch makes sense when starting the gen.!
Thanks again, Ed