PDA

View Full Version : Water hot water heater

davo
08-01-2017, 09:16 PM
I'm trying to find where to relight the pilot light for my hot water heater I've never had this problem happen in a year and a half but all the sudden I have propane my stove top works fine but my furnace for my hot water will not light can somebody tell me where that pilot light is located I check the panel on the outside of the house I checked inside the house I check my fuses and my Breakers.

mayreejayne
08-09-2017, 12:55 PM
davo, you need to post more information (such as photos and model numbers, age of system) before anyone can respond to your request. My Suburban heater doesn't require the pilot to be lit. It's automatic.

THenne1713
08-24-2017, 09:42 AM
Believe they use an IGNITER with NO Pilot?. Check for spider web across igniter contacts? Check for spark when unit first turned ON. When it FAILS to ignite, circuit board will lock OFF for xx Minutes to clear gas, (maybe w/ a fan forced purge?) to PREVENT EXPLOSION. When first turned ON, should be sparking, then gas turns ON, then timer starts to PROOF Flame; with NO flame proofed, it shuts down gas/ spark, and displays fault. Hope this helps. Is gas tank turned ON? Gas ON at Burner? Spark? Loose or corroded wire on igniter or circuit board, or solenoid?

THenne1713
08-24-2017, 09:56 AM
BTW, it is NOT a Hot Water Heater, it is a COLD Water Heater... If it was HOT, WHY would you need to HEAT it? :-) :-) :-) We used to LOVE telling that one to the boys in Scouts :-) :-) :-)

mayreejayne
08-24-2017, 11:53 PM
Answer to different question... when my gas stovetop would not stay lit, I started troubleshooting at the LP tank and turns out I needed brand new regulator (double tank reg runs about $55). Works fine now. Then I turned on WH and works fine. Mine's original Suburban WH and the PEX lines in and out are quite confusing, so take my advice sparingly.