PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Cavalier Project

mayreejayne
08-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Hi there! I bought my first used 2006 GulfStream Cavalier in June 2017 and have been working on it off and on for four weeks... Finally got the A/C operating optimally (critical in Houston in August) and hot water working yesterday. On basic infrastructure, I still need to solve the intermittent sewer gas smell and tighten up/replace some plumbing parts. I NEED GOOD ADVICE from other GulfStream owners (all models) on MODIFICATION/RENOVATION ideas, such as where to get a screen door without buying the entire door, and what's the best way to modernize the lighting with LED.
Having owned a '74 Argossy Airstream in the past, I'm not new to the RV trailer lifestyle and don't have luxury expectations. But, I'm a big fan of small footprint and this little trailer gives me the opportunity to put that into practice.
If I can, I will advise other Cavalier's owners, time and resource permitting. ;)

THenne1713
08-24-2017, 10:03 AM
Re: sewer odor, have you made sure water is in all drain traps? Toilet NOT used while vehicle in motion? Plumbing Roof Vents clear w/ NO wasp nests/ varmints? Re: screen, is door damaged/ missing, or can you not just replace screen? What is the exact issue?

mayreejayne
08-25-2017, 12:05 AM
I'm working a major reno on it, shoring up poor repairs, adding insulation and new underbelly (major bad crap under there, which accounts for most of smell). Slowly but Shirley, he'll be a finer trailer than he started out as by winter.

mayreejayne
08-25-2017, 12:06 AM
Emmett Door company best choice to replace entire screen door.