PDA

View Full Version : Dim lights electrical

Haroldv528
08-13-2017, 08:43 PM
Anyone know the ground locations for the interior cabin lights, like is there a common location or grounding block where all the ground meet to go to the frame, I have a 2008 GS trailmaster 235bh and the front half lighting inside as well as the outside the door light are dim , dimmer and off depending on what other lights are on and also cause other lights the lightly glow when on. I think maybe ground problem but can't seem to find where all the lights ground for the 12v system. Maybe behind the fuse block? Thanks for any help.

Frutza
08-14-2017, 07:41 AM
Don't know where the ground is on your unit, but, with a voltmeter check the ground wire of your lights, pick one, check for voltage from that light to the metal body and or the battery, if your showing voltage then that's your problem. You can also check your power side to the same ground spot for 12volts to see if it's low. You can actually check each light for differences to tell which direction your fault is.
Oh, welcome to the Forum

Haroldv528
08-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Thanks I grabbed my fluke 87, test light, and power probe and gonna test that when I get home.

Haroldv528
08-14-2017, 09:40 PM
So I found ground side high resistance of .9mega ohms causing to backfeed. Ran a new ground wire to the frame and everything works now.

THenne1713
08-22-2017, 12:23 AM
So I found ground side high resistance of .9mega ohms causing to backfeed. Ran a new ground wire to the frame and everything works now.

Good work. During my crawler inspection of my (new to me) 99 Class c, I made it a point to loosen & re-tighten every ground connection I found, same applies under hood or back at the generator and Converter Charger