PDA

View Full Version : Electrical

03heritagerider
12-27-2017, 07:31 PM
Due to some health issues, I haven't used my rig in almost 2 years. Travelling to Florida and stopped at a campground for the night. Plugged in and the Xantrex control panel is dancing like a 70''s disco. What's going on?

Chuck v
12-27-2017, 10:17 PM
No way to be sure, but perhaps the 4 golf cart batteries are too flat to take a charge. Did you have your rig plugged into shore power where you had it stored? The inverter should have kept the 6 volt batteries charged up enough to start the generator and/or run the inverter for the residential fridge -- but you would have needed to check and top up the water several times in that storage period.

I had a really difficult time watering my 6 volt batteries due to the tight quarters under the windshield where they are mounted -- so I had the watering caps and squeeze bulb system installed. Now I just pump the bulb until all the white floats show each cell is properly filled about once every 3 months or so...

By the way, I replaced my Xantrex with a true sine wave inverter about two or three years ago...and I don't recall much about the old control panel anymore.

Chuck

Frutza
12-30-2017, 07:54 PM
Don't know what Xantrex you have, but when I had a Xantrex, I sometimes had to do a hard reset, unplug 110 and disconnect 12v, wait a min or two and reconnect battery 1st and it will draw a big spark,