PDA

View Full Version : Water heater switch

Gisel
04-29-2018, 10:27 AM
I have a travel trailer 2016 Gulf Stream Ameri-lite 25 and I can't find the water heater switch for electricity. I got the trailer connected to city water and also was wondering how I know if the water heater tank is full of water or not. Please help.

Chuck v
04-29-2018, 04:25 PM
If you are connected to shore water at the correct pressure (some domestic water systems are higher pressure than RV systems need and leaking can happen -- that is why the RV outlets sell those 45 to 60 PSI regulators...) then just turn on a hot tp until the water runs continuously without any trapped air. That will ensure that the heater itself is full of water -- since it is a flow-through design.

Not sure where the switch is on your rig -- Gulf Stream usually used a lighted lever switch that looks like a regular light switch in an ivory or white color and this would be in the same area as the tank level indicators, or perhaps under the sink...

Chuck

Sudsy
05-01-2018, 09:12 AM
I have a travel trailer 2016 Gulf Stream Ameri-lite 25 and I can't find the water heater switch for electricity. I got the trailer connected to city water and also was wondering how I know if the water heater tank is full of water or not. Please help.

Open the outside panel. Look carefully at the bottom left corner behind the gas line. It's small rocker switch. It mat even have a pin in it. It came from the factory with the pin. You can remove the pin. Make sure the tank is full first before applying electric power or you will just burn out the heating element.

Sudsy