PDA

View Full Version : GS Palm Breeze Triton V10 F53 Water Pump

Ron Tittle
05-15-2018, 09:38 AM
1999 Triton F53 engine water pump starting wobbling and caused belt to shred. Engine heated up. Pump is very loose and bad. I can't determine the best approach to replacing it. The best way may be under the vehicle to remove the fan blade to get to the pump. Anyone replaced a water pump? I can't reach it good inside the the RV by reaching over the engine nor in front where the radiators are.

Ron Tittle
05-24-2018, 09:32 PM
I was able to remove the water pump by removing some of the center console over the engine in order to access the fan, shaft nut and pump. Having a person underneath assisting with placement of the socket on the bolts and someone reaching over the engine to help turn the ratchet and loosen the top bolts helped. I first removed the bolts to the fan and fan clutch. I did not have a wrench large enough for the shaft nut (about 1 7/8 or 2") so I used a large pipe wrench from the bottom while someone on top wedged the round housing over the pump shaft next to the pump. Once the shaft nut was loosened I placed the fan and clutch carefully in the radiator shroud against the fins. It was a little challenge reaching the five pump bolts - being careful to not strip the heads trying to apply pressure to loosen them. Then it was a challenge hammering and prying the pump. After continuing to pry and tap the water pump it popped loose and radiator fluid gushed out. I had not drained the fluid since I wasn't planning to remove the radiators. Next step is to clean the area around the pump opening and install the new pump along with belts and hoses.