PDA

View Full Version : Holding tank flush outs

Harold
06-01-2018, 02:49 PM
99 sunvalley. the flush outs for the grey and black tanks are plugged up. Does anybody have any ideas on cleaning out the spray nozzles?

Sudsy
06-02-2018, 11:27 AM
I would try putting some good detergent in the tanks and driving the unit. Try you best to get the water detergent to splash on the flush outlets. I am not sure they are even "nozzles" but think they are just water lines. I can actually see the ends of my flush line on the right side in one of the compartments but I have never fooled with them. They don't sound like a heavy spray just a flow of water. I use a clear sewer adapter and watch the drainage until I am satisfied. I think a lot of folks spend a lot too much time trying to clean the tanks. I do an deep cleaning before I put the coach away for winter. On the Black tank. When you are getting ready to leave a full hookup start the tank flush first thing. Let it run while you are doing the rest of your tear down. Then i close the drain and let the flush run for a couple minutes and then drain.

Sudsy

Harold
06-04-2018, 01:58 PM
The check valves were installed backwards.

Sudsy
06-04-2018, 02:26 PM
The check valves were installed backwards.

Ah Ha! That would do it. Does it sound like yours "spray" or just blast a hose stream?

Sudsy

Harold
06-04-2018, 05:08 PM
It sounds like spray. I can’t believe after 19 years nobody fixed it Looking at old work orders under warranty, no complaints.onthe flush outs