PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasonic rodent and insect repellent

butter
07-24-2018, 08:53 AM
Has anyone had good results with plug-in ultrasonic rodent repellent devices?

atreis
07-25-2018, 08:44 PM
As with most repellents, they make the local environment less appealing to the rodent. That's a good thing in the sense that if the rodent can find something better, they'll move on. But it's not a sure bet. If your trailer, even with the repellent, is the best they can find then they'll put up with the noise. (Keeping warm in the winter is a high priority.) YMMV.

Ultrasonic sound is blocked by pretty much any physical object (wall, bench, table, etc ...).

Washington travler
08-02-2018, 02:14 PM
I read where these did not work. I was going to try in feed area on the farm. Had to stay with rat poison.

Sudsy
08-03-2018, 07:28 AM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XSHVPVB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sudsy

Restorium
08-03-2018, 07:39 AM
My wife bought some of the ultrasonics from Sams Club. I set one up about 3 feet from a mouse trap in my garage. Caught a mouse in the trap. You decide...

Above; What I like the most about shopping Amazon are the customer reviews. Not looking very good for that product.

LabCab
09-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Nope, a waste of $$ Rodents? Get Peppermint Oil on Amazon. Pit it on cotton: balls and put them where the mice have been found. IT DOES WORK!!!!! :D

Sudsy
09-05-2018, 06:54 PM
I use pieces of Irish Spring soap at all slide out seams and anywhere else I can see a path for them. None in three years.

Sudsy