PDA

View Full Version : grey water drain and fresh water drain?

Sidekick
08-04-2018, 10:51 AM
Have just purchased a 2007 Gulfstream prairie schooner fifth wheel. It shows 2 grey water tanks on the monitor but have only found one drain beside the black water drain? Where is the other located. Also is there a drain for the fresh water holding tank. It is full of smelly water and I would like to drain and refill. Thx for any help. New to this and no manual. 🤪

Restorium
08-04-2018, 01:44 PM
My Factory fresh water tank has a drain in the line leading off from it. It's a tiny valve you pull up on and the water drains down below.
When I drain my fresh water I just drain it by pumping it out to a sink. Leave the faucet on. Make sure you flush it out really good.
But my tank hasn't ever gotten 'smelly'.
I might have to take the tank right out if that happened.
I placed a couple extra large tanks in the storage that I use for drinking. I take those out once a year and clean them good. Have a separate faucet for them.
Gotta take your drinking water seriously.

mbirnbaum
08-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Add 1 oz per 20 gallons of product like Camco 40206 TastePURE Drinking Water Freshener (or bleach) when you fill. Add a little more in 6 months, if you don't consume.

You can buy enough single plastic water bottles to pollute an ocean, or use gallon or 5 gallon jugs, but you don't need to.

Retired RVer
08-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Have just purchased a 2007 Gulfstream prairie schooner fifth wheel. It shows 2 grey water tanks on the monitor but have only found one drain beside the black water drain? Where is the other located. Also is there a drain for the fresh water holding tank. It is full of smelly water and I would like to drain and refill. Thx for any help. New to this and no manual. ��

On my 2004 Prairie Schooner in is in the area of the wheels.

THenne1713
08-13-2018, 11:07 AM
Have just purchased a 2007 Gulfstream prairie schooner fifth wheel. It shows 2 grey water tanks on the monitor but have only found one drain beside the black water drain? Where is the other located. Also is there a drain for the fresh water holding tank. It is full of smelly water and I would like to drain and refill. Thx for any help. New to this and no manual. 🤪

You need to sanitize (bleach) fresh water tank (solution 2-oz/ 1-gal water) for each 15- gal capacity (e.g. 6-oz/ 3- gal for 45- gal tank) then fill full w/ water allow to sit 3-24 hrs.