PDA

View Full Version : bottom of slide getting gouges

FlyingFilly28
08-17-2018, 10:03 PM
I have a 2008 Independence. The slide on the passenger where the table is rubs on the white teflon strip leaving gouges in the bottom of the slide. When the slide is in the front corner is rubbing on the linoleum. At first I thought it was grease but I see now that is it black covering off the bottom of the slide. Also the angle iron on the bottom of the slide that stops it from going out too far is bent and the slide appears to go out too far before the inside frame touches the wall. The outside seems to fit well when it is slide in. I also noticed that the slide moves smoothly for about 1/2 the travel distance then clunks once and travels the rest of the way in fine. I read the post "Slide out issues on 2007 Crescendo"and followed the link
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/pg_82_S0523.pdf

I am not sure that if I need to do these adjustments or not. I don't have any paperwork about the slide mechanism so I am not even sure I have this type of unit. Can anyone tell me how I can determine the type of slide mechanism I have? I also don't see how to adjust the floor height it tells you how to check but not how to change it. Is it something that needs to be done at a RV repair place?

jamador1010
08-18-2018, 11:14 PM
The link provided is only the hydraulic side that make things move. With the bent arms this would pull upward on box thus causing the bottom to drag. Truth is, I had problems with bedroom slide on Crescendo with no bent parts and was able to fix by using a level. In this case, I would take to an RV repair place. I also assume you have cables/ pulleys that run underneath that you don't want to snap.Following...

FlyingFilly28
08-19-2018, 09:04 PM
Thanks sorry I wasn't clear. The arms aren't bent, there are some 90% angle Iron on the inside of the slide on the sides. They look like they are supposed to be stops so the slide doesn't go out too far. In any case I thought a dealership would be the answer I was just hoping it was something I could do myself. Especially if it is going to be a yearly problem.

BobClearyJr
09-02-2018, 09:38 PM
We have a 2010 Yellowstone Super-C. We have had to have both slide floors repaired.
The beginning of last year the one on the front driver's side was dragging on the stationary floor. This slide holds the jackknife sofa and stove. I tried to use the manufacturer warranty, but the dealer I bought it from with 3,000 miles on it about a year after it was shipped to him, had rented it. That voided the manufacturer warranty. He had rented it to electrical workers that came from around the country to repair downed wires after Super Storm Sandy. I then tried the extended warranty. They would only cover the mechanism so I brought it to the shop so they could remove the slide from the motorhome and see what the problem was. (As a note, if the slide was not inspected within two years the extended warranty company would not cover repairs. I had it inspected the year before.) After the inspections it was determined that a Gulf Stream bracket had a design defective and had to be replaced. With no warranty or insurance coverage, $4000 out of my pocket.)
At the end of last year I noticed the rear passenger slide with the bunkbeds and master bedroom furniture was moving roughly and with a lot of noise. The “moisture barrier” under the floor on the outside that looked like a black garbage bag had been ripped by the rollers that support the slide. As a result the plywood had rotted through. Again, manufacturer design flaw, this time $9000 out of pocket. But now there are metal runners that ride on the rollers.
Bob