PDA

View Full Version : New Gulf Stream Owner

althotos
09-13-2018, 08:43 AM
Greetings fellow RV'rs.
I am on my 3rd RV in the past 22 years, This past March 2018 I bought my 2004 Gulf Stream Crescendo 8356 with the CAT C7 diesel pusher. My previous RV was a 1999 Bounder 30E (gas) and many years before that a Damon Hornet 25 foot TT.

Before I tear my RV apart looking for it, does anyone know where the water pump is located. I've searched the internet for answer/location, but have come up empty. Back in April the water pressure in the RV park dropped and I was using the pump, which worked for a couple of days before it went out.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

aj
====================
2004 Gulf Stream Crescendo 8356
1999 Bounder 30E
1997 Hornet 25 TT

George3037
09-14-2018, 07:10 AM
I have a TT and it took me a while to find my pump. Below my fridge is the electrical panel and the pump is behind the panel toward the outside wall. Not sure if yours would be in the same area and the location is not ideal in case of a leak.

althotos
09-14-2018, 08:43 AM
That is a much easier place for me check first instead of tearing up the exterior panel with the city water hookup. Thanks of the advise.

George3037
09-14-2018, 09:56 AM
I found my pump by accident. I had unscrewed the panel to swing it out to access the wiring so I could install AC and DC digital meters for monitoring volts and amps and saw the pump in back.
Since yours is a 2004 you may want to pull your Propane/CO detector to check the expiration date. They have a date code and should be replaced every 5 years. Mine was not flashing any lights but was expired by 2 years. I bought a new one and installed. It was on the adjacent wall of the fridge.

Restorium
09-14-2018, 10:13 AM
This may sound too easy but can't you hear it run?

althotos
09-14-2018, 10:39 AM
I wish it was that easy. It just quit running and I hear nothing when I turn the switch on and off. I tried again last night, when I found the main switch on the status panel. There is a secondary switch in the bathroom, which is what I was using when it went out. The pump started to slow down quite noticeably before it went out and happened in a matter of minutes.

Sudsy
09-14-2018, 11:01 AM
The water pump is located in the first compartment forward of the left rear wheel. The "Full Timer" water filter is in the same compartment. I hope yours is the same as it couldn't be easier to get to.

'
Sudsy

George3037
09-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Restorium, Yes, I think you directed your reply at me since Althotos pump is not running. I could hear mine run. This took place shortly after I bought my TT in Nov. last year. The pump vibrates quite loudly when running. So loud that I couldn't pinpoint its location for a couple weeks. I never thought it would be almost 2' behind the electrical panel.

I will have to work on mine again to try and insulate or isolate the pump to lessen the noise. I did notice my pump sits on 4 isolation pads and is screwed to the floor through the pads.

Restorium
09-14-2018, 05:18 PM
Restorium, Yes, I think you directed your reply at me since Althotos pump is not running. I could hear mine run. This took place shortly after I bought my TT in Nov. last year. The pump vibrates quite loudly when running. So loud that I couldn't pinpoint its location for a couple weeks. I never thought it would be almost 2' behind the electrical panel.

I will have to work on mine again to try and insulate or isolate the pump to lessen the noise. I did notice my pump sits on 4 isolation pads and is screwed to the floor through the pads.
They make some really nice quieter ones.

Texas Shriner
09-23-2018, 10:57 AM
The water pump is located in the first compartment forward of the left rear wheel. The "Full Timer" water filter is in the same compartment. I hope yours is the same as it couldn't be easier to get to.

'
Sudsy

That is where it is on my Independence 8357. I agree it couldn't be more accessible.

RayChez1
09-23-2018, 12:26 PM
The water pump on mine is on the passenger side where the water manifold is located. It is behind a plastic cover. I had to change mine out after thirteen years of service. Mine was a big pump and could not find one just like it, so I replaced it with a Shurflo which works really good and about half the size. Easy to install and it costs around $105.00.

nemo45
09-23-2018, 01:20 PM

'
Sudsy

That’s where mine is. Changed it out in 15 minutes.

schadesix
09-25-2018, 07:01 AM
I own the same model. The water pump is behind a panel in the first compartment forward of the rear axle on the passenger side. I removed the panel and discarded it because it was a pain to remove for maintenance and winterizing.

althotos
09-25-2018, 02:30 PM
That's interesting, because my water filter is located on right side in the center compartment and I was wondering if the pump might be located in the panel behind the water filter. The only other location would be where the park water feed hookup is, which is in the left side compartment in front of the rear wheel. Thanks for the suggestions.

althotos
09-25-2018, 02:45 PM
The water pump on mine is on the passenger side where the water manifold is located. It is behind a plastic cover. I had to change mine out after thirteen years of service. Mine was a big pump and could not find one just like it, so I replaced it with a Shurflo which works really good and about half the size. Easy to install and it costs around $105.00.
===========================
Okay, so that is where my large water filter is located and there is plastic panel behind the filter. I thought the pump might be back there. It's easier to get to than the panel on the driver's side where the fresh water hookup is located. Might try the panel on the passenger side first to look for the pump. Thanks.

althotos
09-25-2018, 02:47 PM
I own the same model. The water pump is behind a panel in the first compartment forward of the rear axle on the passenger side. I removed the panel and discarded it because it was a pain to remove for maintenance and winterizing.
====================================
Aha. That is where my water filter is located, which I just replaced. There is a panel behind the water filter. Perfect. Thanks.

Big Shasta
09-27-2018, 04:24 AM
====================================
Aha. That is where my water filter is located, which I just replaced. There is a panel behind the water filter. Perfect. Thanks.

Does that water filter appear to be stock? I have an 06 Crescendo and I haven't found a water filter other than the one under the sink that feeds a small drinking tap and the icemaker....but I suspect that may be aftermarket? Or Maybe Gulf Stream went to that instead of a whole house filter?

RayChez1
09-27-2018, 06:44 PM
The filter which is in the same compartment as the water pump, water manifold on my coach is an EverPure water filter. I just replaced mine and I found it at an RV supply store in Chula Vista, Ca. They are much bigger then the one under the sink.