PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Senic Cruise Gen Start Issue

Belize2000
09-23-2018, 11:15 AM
1999 Scenic Cruiser diesel generator starts but ONLY keeps running on it's own after holding preheat and bumping starter, some times have to hold preheat for awhile others bump works fast, appears to be effected by cold weather.
This has been going on for 4 years, I have replaced the solenoids.
I have only seen one form relating to this issue but thy never returned with a fix.
I am very mechanical guy Jack-of-all-trades.
ANY suggestions would be appreciated.
Generator: Generac NP75D, Mod.09344-1 Ser. 3114770, 7500 Watt (7.5kw)

heetseeker
09-25-2018, 08:25 AM
I have the exact same issue as you do. I'm looking at replacing the solenoids for the fix but you did that and it didn't help with the issue. Hoping for a fix soon as this is annoying.

I've contacted Generac support by email with the issue and will post any replies here.

heetseeker
09-27-2018, 07:12 PM
Here's what I got back from GPS.... More to follow as I get in touch with techs...

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Generac Power Systems. My name is Aleisha and I will be assisting you today. Unfortunately as we no longer manufacture RV generators all RV parts are now sold through one dealer, Schwalm RV. There is however still technical support available for these units from our authorized independent servicing providers in your area as well. I will be providing a link that you can use to pull up and review contact information for them below. Schwalm RV also can provide technical support. Schwalm RV can be contacted online at 800-237-4318. If you have any other questions please let us know. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any other questions or concerns.

http://www.generac.com/dealer-locator?category=1

Aleisha

Generac Power Systems

Customer Support

888-436-3722