PDA

View Full Version : Satellite TV jack

akeller156
10-12-2018, 11:26 AM
We just purchased a 2018 6280. This model has an external jack for cable/satellite TV. Inside there are 2 jacks - one for antenna and another for cable/satellite. I would have thought that the external jack would connect to the cable/satellite internal jack. I was hoping that with this configuration that I could hook my tailgater to the external connection to the cable/satellite internal jack and bypass the splitters but I guess I can't so I have to run the tailgater wire thru the window.

While I was at an RV park with cable, I connected the cable to the external port and had to use the antenna internal port (with the amplifier turned off) to get the TV to work. If I connected to the internal cable / satellite port I did not get any channels.

Am I missing something here, or did they wire this wrong?

Restorium
10-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Mine is the same way although she is quite a bit older than yours. I ran the wire up through the doghouse and under the dash, then up inside the windshield trim to the box in a cabinet I built just for the box and dvd player. At least it's all my own installation and it's easy for me to troubleshoot, less cable.

Frutza
10-13-2018, 10:12 AM
Mine is older also, but, there are two ant jacks , mine are in the power cord bay, one is satellite one is cable, behind the Tv there is 2 jacks, one is ant/cable the other is Sat, if using the ant/cable on cable you have to turn off the amplifier to have cable the sat cord is direct but only goes there as the ant/cable also goes to the bedroom and I think theres a port in the belly

Restorium
10-13-2018, 10:55 AM
Anyone use a regular dish? I've been running satellite with the motorhome since before the tailgater was available. It's tricky to line up but it's an addicting challenge and a lot cheaper than the tailgater.

akeller156
10-13-2018, 11:07 AM
Thank you both for the replies. I see only 1 external jack. i may just do like Restorium and snake my own line up to the tv via the doghouse. But also since this is new and under warranty I may just bring it in and have the look at it or at least try to explain their logic to me. Also, I used to use a regular dish but lining it up became a challenge. The tailgater is expensive for the hardware, but once bought it is under $50 monthly subscription that you can start and stop as needed. So since we do tend to travel for 4 months straight this works out good for us. For the shorter trips I can survive with OTA tv.

Restorium
10-13-2018, 11:20 AM
Sounds like a good idea to ask the dealer about it.

You get the same monthly deal with the regular dish as the tailgater. Turn it on and off a month at a time. I have two noses for the dish so I have choices as to where I point in the sky between the two different satellite arc configurations. I notice with my brothers tailgater that it must have only one eye because you can hear it move when you change stations. Someday I will get a tailgater but for now I enjoy my love/hate relationship with the ******** manual dish.:mad::D