PDA

View Full Version : Want to keep stairs in

Jim_PEI
11-01-2018, 07:08 PM
My wife wants to use fiberglass stairs to get out of motorhome, rather than our electric steps.I have a button just inside the door, but it only controls whether the steps go in or stay out when the door closes. I want the steps to stay in at all times while parked.

Chuck v
11-01-2018, 09:33 PM
just pull the fuse and the steps will no longer move. You may have to put it back for the engine systems to sense they are in so you can put it in gear, etc. -- not sure how your coach is set up.

Restorium
11-02-2018, 06:38 AM
I installed an extra switch and mounted it near the door so I decide when the steps work or not. Got tired of playing the step in/out game a while back.

Frutza
11-04-2018, 08:02 AM
You. Can put a magnet over the switch,

Sudsy
11-11-2018, 11:27 AM
We bought an aluminum extension step (fold up platform with adjustable legs) while camping at Myrtle Beach. It was quite a jump down and a big step up at that campsite. It did make things a lot easier there. BUT could have saved that $75.

We have never needed the step again yet. I all depends on the site. A set of fiberglass steps won't always work unless you are on a permanent site and know that the height won't change.

Sudsy