PDA

View Full Version : 2006 BTouring Cruiser 5291 12 volt electrical problem

Malcolm
11-06-2018, 09:29 AM
I am new to the forum, I have a 2006 B-Touring Cruiser 5291. There is no power coming into the low voltage fuse panel. Does anyone know if there is a fuse or breaker under the body or in the batter compartment that could be off. I did find some breakers in the battery compartment, but they are not labeled, so I don't know what they do, unless i dismantle and test them. I ran a wire from the converter to the panel, to get all the low voltage equipment working but it only works when we are plugged into shore power.

Leisure Time Larry
11-07-2018, 09:37 PM
It sounds like the battery disconnect (salesmanswith) is turned off. Could it be that simple? I am unfamiliar with your particular model, but that is my first guess. I also have some high amp circuit breakers mounted near the batteries that I would check next. How about the batteries. Are they connected properly? Are they putting out proper voltage at the terminals?

Malcolm
11-08-2018, 08:25 AM
It sounds like the battery disconnect (salesmanswith) is turned off. Could it be that simple? I am unfamiliar with your particular model, but that is my first guess. I also have some high amp circuit breakers mounted near the batteries that I would check next. How about the batteries. Are they connected properly? Are they putting out proper voltage at the terminals?
Thanks for the info Larry, The batteries are connected properly, I did check that. I did see the high voltage circuit breakers, but i haven't check or looked at them very carefully yet. Where would the battery disconnect be located? I probably won't be able to check until the spring, Winter has set in here and it's too darn cold to sit or lay on the ground. I just want to gather as much information that i can over the winter. Thanks Again

Leisure Time Larry
11-08-2018, 03:37 PM
My disconnect or salesman switch is right next the entry door inside my 5211. I hope you find it.

bmoj
11-22-2018, 06:29 PM
You may find a breaker in your electrical bin. I have one there. When the breakers trip a little lever falls down out of the bottom of the breaker. Pushing the lever back up into the breaker resets it. Push the red button on one so you can see what you may be looking for.

4thek9s!
06-30-2023, 03:56 PM
Question….. how does the battery get charged? When it is plugged in ?

bmojmhs
06-30-2023, 04:59 PM
From your alternator when motor is running. From your converter when plugged in.