PDA

View Full Version : dc connection to lp furnace 2005 gulfstream coach camper

harleyridr81
12-11-2018, 06:38 PM
the wiring was unhooked when I bought the camper. it has a white and a blue and the thermostat wire coming out of the wall . currently a yellow from heater is connected to the white coming thru wall the rest are disconnected. it has 2 blue wires and a red coming from heater that are not connected . the side of the heater says blue are thermostat wires, red +12 v dc, and yellow -12 v dc . does it matter which of the 2 blue hook to thermostat there are 2 wires from thermostat and is the white coming from wall the -12v and the blue +12v any help appreciated.

Sudsy
12-15-2018, 05:14 AM
I just reinstalled the furnace in my 05 and I hookef both blue wires to the blue coming from the furnace. I have two thermostats.

We just used the furnace for the first time last week. I initially thought the two blue wires were from each thermostat. I seems that my forward thermostat closest to the furnace controls the furnace. I also installed cheap basic digital thermostats.

Sudsy

Big Shasta
12-28-2018, 05:29 AM
Maybe these will help. They are the stock duotherm connections but I replaced them with a Honeywell non programmable house thermostats. I did lose the high/low fan. I spliced the hi fan wire in so it just always runs on high.

harleyridr81
07-25-2019, 03:16 PM
The wires are still connected to my thermostat i need to know about the connection to the furnace.i have 2 blue wires one marked with ++++,the other blue isnt marked. 1 red wire +12v.1 yellow wire -12v. The white is hooked to the yellow. The red and 2 blues are unhooked. My thermostat wires are red - hot,green - ground, white- furnace, blue -hi fan, brown- fan.there is 1 blue wire coming from wall and a brown thermostat wire that has a red and a white in it.

Restorium
07-25-2019, 03:59 PM
The wires are still connected to my thermostat i need to know about the connection to the furnace.i have 2 blue wires one marked with ++++,the other blue isnt marked. 1 red wire +12v.1 yellow wire -12v. The white is hooked to the yellow. The red and 2 blues are unhooked. My thermostat wires are red - hot,green - ground, white- furnace, blue -hi fan, brown- fan.there is 1 blue wire coming from wall and a brown thermostat wire that has a red and a white in it.
You need the instructions that come with the thermostat for that. Or buy a new one and follow the instructions.

Sudsy
07-25-2019, 04:08 PM
Have you removed (disconnected) the furnace and are re-installing it? I did that as you can see. I had two blue wires at the furnace. Marked and reconnected them. I think the two blue wires were actually hi and lo speed for the fan but I am not certain. When I put the lower end (furnace) back in I thought the blue wires went to the front and rear thermostats in my coach. I have since learned that the front thermostat is the only one that controls the heat. That leads me to the fan theory.

Sudsy

Restorium
07-25-2019, 04:13 PM
Like this one has the wiring diagram included;

https://www.campingworld.com/analog-thermostat-coolfurnacefan-19805.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwpuXpBRAAEiwAyRRPgSie48PCP 2GtNZTb2gaZMMUDO8xdC8xyYFNBj1h5Yb0UFYBm08KxNBoC7xQ QAvD_BwE

Restorium
07-25-2019, 04:18 PM
If it's a suburban here are the schematics with the color codes;
http://www.bdub.net/manuals/Suburban_Service_Manual.pdf