PDA

View Full Version : SumoSprings

Texas Shriner
12-18-2018, 04:15 PM
I just received my sumosprings. Any installation advice before I get dirty?

Texas Shriner
01-07-2019, 07:51 AM
Install was straight forward with nicely written instructions from the manufacturer. Most difficult was dealing with the massive 22.5 wheels/tires and 450ft/pd lug nut spec. Recommend a torque multiplier and carbide drill bits. Hope this helps someone!

Texas Shriner
01-07-2019, 07:52 AM
Ride Review: Excellent, Excellent, and still Excellent! Reduced road noise! Sway greatly attenuated resulting in reduced input at steering wheel. Worth every penny and the 25% holiday discount kept the wallet happy. I highly recommend Sumospring modification to F53 chassis!

Restorium
01-07-2019, 08:38 AM
Ride Review: Excellent, Excellent, and still Excellent! Reduced road noise! Sway greatly attenuated resulting in reduced input at steering wheel. Worth every penny and the 25% holiday discount kept the wallet happy. I highly recommend Sumospring modification to F53 chassis!

Sounds great. You didn't take any pictures?
Seems to be a smart upgrade.

Restorium
01-07-2019, 08:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4omiFG4vR8

Texas Shriner
01-07-2019, 10:42 AM
I never think about pictures until its all back together. Yes I feel it is a very smart upgrade. Pre-modification handling was acceptable to me; however, my co-pilot was a little white-knuckled when she drove. She was very complementary on the test drive. So, if your F53 chassis has bad road manners I'd highly recommend this as step one (after tires/alignment pass muster).

Restorium
01-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Did you do the front and back?

Total cost?

Texas Shriner
01-07-2019, 11:35 AM
Yes I did front and back. The total parts cost was about $875. It took me about 3 hours per axle much of which was spent dealing with the 450ftpd lug nuts and 200lb wheels - my tool box just isn't equipped for those numbers ;-)

Restorium
01-07-2019, 01:49 PM
Yes I did front and back. The total parts cost was about $875. It took me about 3 hours per axle much of which was spent dealing with the 450ftpd lug nuts and 200lb wheels - my tool box just isn't equipped for those numbers ;-)
Nice! Thanks for the info. Might be doing this some day.
Had to put a spare on the rear one time in a gas station parking lot so I know the wheel deal. It's exhausting.

I have new shocks and tires. Less tippy would be nice. :cool: