PDA

View Full Version : Engine/trans comm fail

gnilsen
02-25-2019, 09:05 PM
Was running RV this weekend in storage to maintain the battery’s suddenly the engine shut down dash says engine comm fail and trans comm fail anyone have this happen? What was the fix? See attached video

Sudsy
02-26-2019, 06:20 AM
Was running RV this weekend in storage to maintain the battery’s suddenly the engine shut down dash says engine comm fail and trans comm fail anyone have this happen? What was the fix? See attached video

What kind of coach?

What kind of motor?

What kind of transmission?

Restorium
02-26-2019, 06:50 AM
What I would do is disconnect the engine batteries to reboot. Were there any problems prior to this? Did you have to jump start it? I've seen this when the charging system isn't charging and the volts drop below acceptable level. Make sure your batteries are fully charged before you hook them back up. If it starts then look at your amp gauge and make sure it's charging. Could be a bad alternator.

gnilsen
02-26-2019, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the replies.

2007 Gulf Stream 8386 crescendo
2006 Freightliner workhorse R20 chassis
Allison transmission

RV started right up when I got there, no battery problems ran about 30 min before shutting down, no issues before coach has been great mechanically.

I did go into the bay with all the battery connections and popped each of the reset able breakers I would have thought that basically disconnected power everywhere. Than re connected them

Chuck v
02-26-2019, 10:47 AM
Did you check the electrolyte levels in the cells of the batteries? If they are low on electrolyte, the charging you did in that 30 minutes could have produced an OVER-VOLTAGE condition that would be another candidate for the on-board computers acting up...

Chuck