PDA

View Full Version : Cat C7 Turbo

Dennis1554
04-02-2019, 12:58 AM
I am new to the diesel world and have a question about the turbo on my Cat C7 engine. I have a 2006 Friendship G7. I do not hear the typical sound a turbo makes when accelerating or decelerating. Is that normal for this particular rv? Without a boost gauge, how do you know it is functioning properly? I read all of the posts on turbos I could find here and saw one where a person found out his wasn’t working after he had driven quite a few miles. Got me to wondering about mine since it doesn’t seem to make any noise. Thanks for sharing your wisdom!

Frutza
04-02-2019, 07:46 AM
Correct, I never hear mine I think you would feel it in power and more smoke, but, I installed a Scan gauge D reads 4 functions and can read & reset codes will read boost and trans temp

Dennis1554
04-02-2019, 09:20 AM
Thanks! I figured it was normal, but I wanted to check with the experts! This is a great place to learn. I’ve answered a lot of my questions by searching the previous posts. Thanks again!

RayChez1
04-07-2019, 12:37 PM
You will not hear the turbo when it cuts in on acceleration. First of all the engine is forty feet away from the driver and you can bare hear the engine much less the turbo. But if the turbo is not working, you will have no power. There are after market turbo gauges that can be installed. I do not have one either, but my Cat 3126-E has plenty of power to move right along.

Jamie
04-07-2019, 02:25 PM
Removed email address.

RayChez1
04-07-2019, 03:25 PM
Removed email address.

What is this. Can not open the link.