PDA

View Full Version : Dometic doesn’t turn on when not connected to power

1999gulfstream!
04-28-2019, 01:55 AM
I have a dometic rm 3662
It works great when plugged into power, but when I disconnect the fridge does not turn on. It always had worked great, but when I had it parked and not plugged in it sat for a bit with no propane and I recall hearing a sound coming that sounded like it was trying to ignite over and over again, now that it’s full of propane... it just doesn’t come on and I don’t hear that sound anymore. I’m thinking the igniter has burned out?

Does anyone have any insight into replacing the igniter or any other trouble shooting tips?
Thank you!

Restorium
04-28-2019, 08:03 AM
I have a dometic rm 3662
It works great when plugged into power, but when I disconnect the fridge does not turn on. It always had worked great, but when I had it parked and not plugged in it sat for a bit with no propane and I recall hearing a sound coming that sounded like it was trying to ignite over and over again, now that it’s full of propane... it just doesn’t come on and I don’t hear that sound anymore. I’m thinking the igniter has burned out?

Does anyone have any insight into replacing the igniter or any other trouble shooting tips?
Thank you!
After you run out of propane, then refill, it will take some time for the gas to get up to the valve. The safety will keep turning it off. Might have to try it 10 times.
Run the heater for a while. That might help get the air out of the line.

eddard
06-16-2019, 10:16 PM
The same thing has happened to me. It's now standard procedure for me to light the stove cook top and let the propane flow for a while before switching the fridge to gas.