PDA

View Full Version : 07 Friendship 8114 with atrium

DandyDon
05-07-2019, 09:40 PM
We currently have a 99 Scenic Cruiser, which has been a really nice coach for us, but we're spending a lot of time in it and would like something newer and a bit nicer. I'm seriously considering an 07 Friendship 8414 with the atrium slide room. It has a lot of features I really like. 400 HP Cummins, Hydro Hot heat, bath and 1/2, low mileage at 25k, absolutely no rust underneath. It also has the white cabinets we have in our Scenic Cruiser that we both love.
My one issue is trying to keep it cool in warm, sunny weather. We spend Sept, Oct., and early Nov in Montana so no problem there, but we spend the winters in Arizona where temps are high 60's to mid 80's. I suppose we could simply lower the big awning each day while the sun is at it's highest??

With our Scenic Cruiser we seldom use the AC because with the windows and roof vents open we have a real nice cross breeze. We obviously won;t have that with the Friendship.

Any first hand experiences with the atrium models would be appreciated.

Sudsy
05-07-2019, 11:21 PM
All of my Atrium windows open at the bottom. In fact all of the windows in the coach open in one way or another. Most with screens.

Sudsy

Lahr
05-19-2019, 10:02 AM
We currently have a 99 Scenic Cruiser, which has been a really nice coach for us, but we're spending a lot of time in it and would like something newer and a bit nicer. I'm seriously considering an 07 Friendship 8414 with the atrium slide room. It has a lot of features I really like. 400 HP Cummins, Hydro Hot heat, bath and 1/2, low mileage at 25k, absolutely no rust underneath. It also has the white cabinets we have in our Scenic Cruiser that we both love.
My one issue is trying to keep it cool in warm, sunny weather. We spend Sept, Oct., and early Nov in Montana so no problem there, but we spend the winters in Arizona where temps are high 60's to mid 80's. I suppose we could simply lower the big awning each day while the sun is at it's highest??

With our Scenic Cruiser we seldom use the AC because with the windows and roof vents open we have a real nice cross breeze. We obviously won;t have that with the Friendship.

Any first hand experiences with the atrium models would be appreciated.
We have an atrium slide out in our class see Yellowstone. Being in Florida for the winter it got pretty warm. We found we could cut to size a large window screen and put it in the atrium windows. It definitely made it cooler. In our case also cut down the ambient light, Which may be a problem for some people.