PDA

View Full Version : Title Question - Chassis 2006/Gulstream 2007

sammywolfordwv
05-10-2019, 10:05 AM
We recently purchased what was advertised as a 2007 BTouring Cruiser 5291 from a private seller and when we came home we noticed the title is for a 2006 Ford E450. When we contacted the DMV in our state they said it was a mistake and should be a 2007. The VIN does not have a 7, it has a 6, but they said that doesn't apply to an RV. Does anyone know the real truth?

Thanks!

Chuck v
05-10-2019, 11:45 AM
The chassis on which the RV is built can often be a year prior to the completed vehicle. My 2007 Tour Master T40C had a Freightliner chassis that was designated a 2006... I did not mind this at all because the Mercedes diesel did not have the added emissions complexity or DEF to buy.

Chuck

Sudsy
05-10-2019, 12:08 PM
My 2005 is sitting on a 2004 chassis.

Sudsy

UAHaerospace
05-10-2019, 08:17 PM
it's VERY 'normal' in the RV industry, as 'chassis's can be shipped to, and sit at, a RV manufacturer for many months, even sometimes a year even, before actually being 'built' into an RV...

and the RV Manufacturer's 'year mode' takes precedence over ANY other serial number, vin number, or anything to do with the other 'parts' of the RV itself, including the engine and transmission. ALL warranties start with the day you purchase it, and any TITLE should show the YEAR MODEL assigned by the RV Manufacturer, NOT by any vehicle VIN number year model.

While some states may go by the actual vehicle chassis year 'made', it's pretty normal for a chassis to be a year behind the actual RV itself, even if they do. Your 2019 model year RV is still a 2019 model year RV, even if you own DMV or TAG OFFICE decides to 'mandate' the usage of the 2018 Chassis year model by Ford.

Lahr
05-19-2019, 09:59 AM
I also have a 2006 chassis with a 2007 house on it. The interior definitely reflects the designs of 2007. I am presently trying to sell it and even though it has virtually every option and is in excellent shape it’s almost impossible to sell as banks will not finance an RV over 10 years old. I love the coach but I’m getting to the point, health wise where it’s extremely difficult for me to do anything with it.
Larry

UOTE=sammywolfordwv;28041]We recently purchased what was advertised as a 2007 BTouring Cruiser 5291 from a private seller and when we came home we noticed the title is for a 2006 Ford E450. When we contacted the DMV in our state they said it was a mistake and should be a 2007. The VIN does not have a 7, it has a 6, but they said that doesn't apply to an RV. Does anyone know the real truth?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Dennis4809
05-19-2019, 10:08 AM
Send a quick email to GS with your VIN. On mine, they replied within a day with the proper year, the DOT-FCC agreement stating that the year could be up to 3 years difference and that the MH mfg sets the year. Took that letter to Wisconsin DMV and they sent me a new title with the correct year.

jamesham
05-19-2019, 07:34 PM
Having a chassis a year older than the RV build is very common in the industry, especially from October to March when orders are slower. I have a 1996 Chevy chassis but Gulfstream did not build an RV on it until March of 97. Purchased new in April 1997. However the State of Illinois uses the chassis VIN and says it is a 1996 model. Other states make up their own rules. Since I plan to drive it until either I or the vehicle am dead, it makes no difference to me.

We recently purchased what was advertised as a 2007 BTouring Cruiser 5291 from a private seller and when we came home we noticed the title is for a 2006 Ford E450. When we contacted the DMV in our state they said it was a mistake and should be a 2007. The VIN does not have a 7, it has a 6, but they said that doesn't apply to an RV. Does anyone know the real truth?

Thanks!

THenne1713
05-20-2019, 12:34 AM
Interpretation Varies by state, according to what I read, some use VIN, no variance, but many chassis from previous year; mine a Conquest, Class-C, 99 by VIN, but 2000 by GS Floor plan which reversed toilet/ sink locations in 2000, and increased tank sizes (still to verify that :-)