PDA

View Full Version : where is the vim?

Harold
05-22-2019, 07:31 PM
1999 Sun Voyager 8362 svb 8.3 cummins 3060 Allison. I have found the TCM on the cross member above the drive shaft under a big bunch of wire looms. Testing showed no power to the TCM. Next test is for the VIM. I can't find it. Does anybody know where it is?

Sundancer268
05-23-2019, 11:53 AM
I don/t believe they used a VIM on the electronic controlled diesels, only the old Mechanical fuel injected engines. On my Gulf Stream the VIM is in the front electrical bay and my TCM is in the cab attached to the Allison Shift panel.

Harold
05-25-2019, 11:03 AM
You are correct, I called Spartan and they said the same thing. My 1999 has two fuse blocks in the right side behind the rear wheels. the one labeled EM0027 has the 10 amp TRANS fuse. There are two heavy wires connected to the fuse block, one is connected to the Master SWITCH and one bypasses the MASTER SWITCH to join a bundle of wires going I don't know where. Also there are three 75 amp fuses on the side of the two fuse blocks, the top two have 12.5 volts and the bottom one has none. HELP!!:neutral:

Harold
06-21-2019, 09:03 AM
I found the problem. When I installed new batterys I reconnected the cables according to the color codes. Black to neg. & red to pos. The separate cable with black on it should be marked red. I checked with my ohm meter and found it went to the dead 75 amp fuse. I remarked it red with red tape. All is fine now.