PDA

View Full Version : Washing Front of BT Cruiser

CAP
06-14-2019, 07:18 AM
Anyone have any ideas on how to clean under the front curve of a Cruiser where it meets the windshield. The washing brush I use won't fit.
I would add a photo but can't figure out how to do it. Suggestions on this item
also needed.

Thanks

DogMom
06-20-2019, 06:57 AM
Have you tried a mop? I know it’s not the easiest to clean & I’m too short to clean it.

Yellowdog
06-23-2019, 09:24 AM
I have a 2005 Yellowstone Cruiser. Same problem, plus I'm short. I use a Swifter mop. It's flat and can get into that space between the windshield and the cap. Works for me.

dgl2005
06-24-2019, 08:45 AM
We have a 2016 BT Cruiser 5231 and I have to get on a ladder next to each side of the windshield and use a sea sponge. Do this first so it doesn't mess up what you already washed. I admit, it is not the easiest of tasks.

CAP
07-07-2019, 08:09 PM
I finally did find a solution. A power washer. HOWEVER before doing that, make a heavy bead of exterior clear caulk where the top meets the window. The very small black line dividing the top is not water tight and you'll have water coming in from the cabinets inside running in like Niagara Falls. (discovered that at a Blue Spruce Truck wash...OMG what a flood) The other thing I found was....ya ready.....in a hip replacement kit there is a sizable sponge on a stick. That worked also. I thought of getting a pretty stiff sponge an on one side gluing a longer stick ( a 1x2) with Gorilla Glue construction glue.
Carolyn

Ed D
07-07-2019, 10:00 PM
I use a rv brush with a built in extension Walmart sells them. On my BT cruiser works easy for me