PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Northern Michigan

RedwingGreg
06-21-2019, 08:18 AM
Hello,

We are the Snover family from Traverse City, MI. We just purchased a 2005 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager SE and we are super excited to get out on the road.
We went from tents, to a popup, to a travel trailer and now we decided to step up to a motor home.
I hope to be able to pick the brains of the mechanical gurus on these forums as we have a few things that I want to ask questions about and a few issues that I need to fix on the RV but the rig is in GREAT shape and we got it at a GREAT price!
Can't wait to go on our first trip!!

Thanks,
Greg

Sudsy
06-21-2019, 12:04 PM
I think we have the same units. I don't recognize the "SE" though. Mine is a gas coach, how about yours?

Sudsy

RedwingGreg
07-01-2019, 07:58 AM
Hi Sudsy, yes it is a gas edition with two slides.
I am not sure why mine says SE but it is on my title and also on the decals. I will post pics of it

RedwingGreg
07-01-2019, 08:34 AM

Sudsy
07-01-2019, 10:55 AM
First, here's a copy of the 2005 brochure.

2005SunVoyagerweb.pdf (http://media.rvusa.com/library/2005SunVoyagerweb.pdf)

And here's a couple pictures of ours. We bought it three years ago and I have worked all/most of the bugs. It really didn't have many but just things like the TVs had been changed three timed (at least) and I can't get the TV sound thru the Surround Sound system. It only had 8200 miles on it and it runs perfect. It is a Workhorse chassis with a 8.1 Ltr Chevy V8.

RedwingGreg
07-15-2019, 09:27 AM
Nice rig.
I think mine is the more basic model with only two slide outs but we love it!

Thanks,

Greg

Sudsy
07-15-2019, 10:50 AM
Hi Greg;

I am waiting for mine to get back from the shop. The refrigerator died and I decided to put a Whirlpool residential unit in. They took out the passengers window and removed and installed the new with a forklift. It fit! Sticks out a bit but it fit.

Sudsy

RedwingGreg
07-23-2019, 02:30 PM
WOW! that is going to be nice! My wife was just saying, we need a bigger refrigerator.
Curious how will it work with utility power and no LP?

Sudsy
07-23-2019, 03:50 PM
We don't "dry camp" at all. Well haven't yet but even so I have it parked at home right now with the fridge plugged in with an extension cord from the house. We store the coach about 5 miles away and when we are ready to go we bring it home and can plug in here. There will be 50 amp service very soon. So I let it run for days and filled the ice bucket with nice cubes. Unplugged it over night and checked about 4 pm the next day and still had plenty of solid ice and fog when I opened it up. It was about 97 deg here in Maryland for the past week. I had one ac unit running with a 20 amp circuit from the house. As a rule we only travel 4-5 hours a day so we should do just well and good. The hard Ice Cream is going to be reward enough! Ice and water on door a plus too. The generator runs fine for roadside quick stops. can get ice without even opening the freezer. First trip coming up soon. I went out and listened and it doesn't make much noise at all. I bet the Ice Maker will though.

Sudsy

Restorium
07-24-2019, 06:05 AM
There are many rigs driving around with their generators on. I hear them start them just before they leave the park.