PDA

View Full Version : Having a nightmare!

Andykb1
07-09-2019, 02:52 PM
Hi
I live in PETERBOROUGH United Kingdom.
We bought a 1994 Gulfstream Sun Voyager a few weeks ago, with the intention of doing it up in time for our retirement early next year.
It needs brake discs and pads all round, and Spartan have given us the part numbers for these, although strangely won’t say if we can buy them from their?
The big problem is we apparently need a power steering pump. spartan have simply said that it is obsolete and there’s no alternative replacement.
Can anyone in this group advise? Thanks in advance.

Mike D
07-11-2019, 12:40 AM
Which engine is in your Sun Voyager? I have a 2003, with a workhorse chassis and a Chevrolet gas engine. I will not deal with workhorse, their prices are terrible. I bought several parts by finding a similar vehicle with the same engine at a fraction of the workhorse price. If you can Identify the engine, I might be able to track the pump down in the USA for you.

Mike D
07-11-2019, 01:00 AM
If your engine is the5.9l Cummins 12 valve engine, these were used on Dodge heavy duty pick up trucks. I see power steering pumps available on line for these at about $185 or from a company called NAPA, rebuilt for under a hundred bucks.

Andykb1
07-11-2019, 01:20 AM
If your engine is the5.9l Cummins 12 valve engine, these were used on Dodge heavy duty pick up trucks. I see power steering pumps available on line for these at about $185 or from a company called NAPA, rebuilt for under a hundred bucks.
Thanks Mike I will check that out.

Mike D
07-11-2019, 01:41 AM
check out Rockauto.com I think they will ship to England

Andykb1
07-11-2019, 01:58 AM
check out Rockauto.com I think they will ship to England
I will give them a try, many thanks.