PDA

View Full Version : Leveling Jacks

Derik AK
07-10-2019, 11:46 AM
Just bought a 27' 2001 Gulfstream Ultra Limited Edition. It's our first RV and we're stoked to use it here in our home state of Alaska. I'm having an issue with the leveling jacks. They worked fine in the seller's driveway but when I got it home, I had to manually pull one of them down. I assume these things need to be lubed? Is this something I can do easily at home? And do the jacks come down as a pair or individually? I'm assuming when I drop the rear jacks they BOTH should come down, right?

Any thoughts?

Romingrob
07-10-2019, 01:59 PM
Some times automatic systems need to be
Reset.
When my system fails. I turn it off , then on and press all the buttons at once. To reboot the system.
I hope this helps

Restorium
07-10-2019, 04:39 PM
Just bought a 27' 2001 Gulfstream Ultra Limited Edition. It's our first RV and we're stoked to use it here in our home state of Alaska. I'm having an issue with the leveling jacks. They worked fine in the seller's driveway but when I got it home, I had to manually pull one of them down. I assume these things need to be lubed? Is this something I can do easily at home? And do the jacks come down as a pair or individually? I'm assuming when I drop the rear jacks they BOTH should come down, right?

Any thoughts?
There are a few different kinds of jacks. Did the original paperwork for them come with the unit?

Derik AK
07-15-2019, 10:58 AM
There are a few different kinds of jacks. Did the original paperwork for them come with the unit?

No....didn't get a manual with the vehicle. The jacks worked perfectly out at the site but then refuse to operate without assistance in my driveway.

Restorium
07-15-2019, 04:40 PM
No....didn't get a manual with the vehicle. The jacks worked perfectly out at the site but then refuse to operate without assistance in my driveway.
Not sure what you have on there.
No way you can pull down the Bigfoot levelers on my 99.
I had some with springs that flipped down and then extended on my CruiseMaster. Is that the kind you have?

07-21-2019, 10:31 AM
Derik, please tell us the name of the manufacturer of the jacks. I have a 2000 Tourmaster equipped with Bigfoot. If you have Bigfoot, I can help you.