PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Scenic Cruiser

sharkfan99
07-10-2019, 09:23 PM
Anyone know where I can find a replacement motor for the motor that opens and closes the step cover in front of the passenger seat? Mine works great going out and won’t do anything but barely move when trying to open back up. I tried reversing the leads and it does just the opposite, out real slow and fast coming back in. Thanks for any help.

Dennis4809
07-21-2019, 11:21 AM
If that functions like the step motor, the controller reverses the polarity to change directions. Motor would have the same torque either direction. I’d focus on the track and linkage vs the motor.

Restorium
07-21-2019, 11:53 AM
If it does the opposite when the leads are changed then the problem is narrowed down to the power going to the motor on one set of leads. That would be a controller issue. Sounds like bad contacts in the reverse polarity controller/switch. It's usually the switch because it gets most of the abuse. Like a power window switch.

Lesyo64
07-21-2019, 08:43 PM
My 99 tm had a similar problem. The step would go in and not out. Took switch/circuit cleaner and sprayed the switch (backside) on the console. Everything worked after that.