PDA

View Full Version : Compartment Light quit working

Vjswhippet
08-05-2019, 01:56 PM
My compartment light in the side storage quit working. I tried a new bulb and that didn't work. The elec outlet right next to it works. My husband used a tester and we don't think it's getting any power. Is there a fuse just for that or has any one had this problem ? could the switch at the stair well that you flip to turn on compartment lights be bad ? I just can't imagine a switch going bad. It's a Gulstream sprinter mini Vista cruiser 4230

Restorium
08-05-2019, 02:04 PM
My compartment light in the side storage quit working. I tried a new bulb and that didn't work. The elec outlet right next to it works. My husband used a tester and we don't think it's getting any power. Is there a fuse just for that or has any one had this problem ? could the switch at the stair well that you flip to turn on compartment lights be bad ? I just can't imagine a switch going bad. It's a Gulstream sprinter mini Vista cruiser 4230

Switches are what usually goes bad.

THenne1713
08-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Switch itself maybe bad, or TRUNK Switch at door maybe turned OFF? (Trunk switch at door to prevent phantom loads when stored :-)

THenne1713
12-04-2019, 10:53 PM
Many have a CARGO LIGHT SWITCH at the door/ step to turn all OFF to prevent phantom loads draining battery; but the little rocker switches are prone to failure w/ ago from corrosion, etc; Can buy 10-12 bulk Amazon cheap, if like mine, and plenty of spares. I replaced all my cargo and ceiling switches and still have a few spares.