PDA

View Full Version : canyon trail 29rlfw

gator
04-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Anybody know where the "board" for the hot water heater is located in this rig ????????????
thanks

lockdoc
04-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Anybody know where the "board" for the hot water heater is located in this rig ????????????
thanks
What board are you referring to? In my unit and most I've seen, when you open the outer cover for the vent you have access to whatever you might need. The electrical panel with breaker switches is inside the coach however.....so depending on what your looking for and what kind of an issue you are experiencing....your answer may vary.

gator
04-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Sorry to say that there is only one "board" that i'm aware fo on these units. They are not visable by opening the access panel door on the outside. My water heater does not work(heat the water). I was told it might be the board. Update to question We just came back from dealer that repaired the system. It was the board which is located inside the rig under the fridge and next to the electric panel. I was told there is an access panel there but cannot see it. I'll look for it later. But, thanks for trying.

CampinCorgis
04-29-2007, 08:33 AM
We just purchased an 2007 Mako 29RLFW and had to search for the 'access panel' At the PDI the dealer found it under the fridge, to the left of the electrical circuit box. However, it was a sealed panel and the only 'access' to the hot water tank and the bypass system was to remove the circuit box.

We contacted Gulf Stream and ordered a cabinet door and hardware, pulled out the circuit box to pop out and remove the panel, then installed the cabinet door. Now the back of the hot water tank and bypass system is easily accessible. In defense of Gulfstream, we had a 98 Wilderness that also had an 'access panel' that was unaccessible. We had to remove a drawer to get to the bypass. A popped out panel and velcro solved that. :?

Campin'Corgis

gator
04-29-2007, 08:44 PM
W e know the Mako is the same as Canyon Trail because the dealer tried to switch us when they failed to deliver the unit we ordered. Did GS charge for the cabinet and hardware ???
thanks

CampinCorgis
04-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Gator
Sent you a pm.
G.S. was wonderful to work with. We just love our Mako and the GS line.

Campin'Corgis