PDA

View Full Version : Hot water heater by-pass

tevz32
08-29-2019, 11:42 AM
Where is the hot water heater by pass for winterization on 5211a ?

CaryL
08-30-2019, 05:50 AM
For the 5245, I had to remove the cabinet face panel in the kitchen where the water heater was positioned. The panel was just held in by 4 wood screws. I had to get to the back side of the water heater, not the exhaust side that is outside.

The 5210 may have the access panel in the closet. I don't know the layout of a 5211a but the access panel should be on the inside wherever the water heater is located.

I would be interested where you find it on a 5211. happy hunting!

Restorium
08-30-2019, 07:50 AM
On all models, it has to be next to the hot water heater.

tevz32
09-02-2019, 07:55 AM
It is above the water heater, but to get to it on my BT I have to remove one of the small drawers (the middle one) under the stove/sink and reach in to select "bypass" or "flow".

Sudsy
09-06-2019, 12:26 PM
On all models, it has to be next to the hot water heater.

Not really. On my coach the water bypass valves are on the drivers side by the water pump. The water heater is on the passenger side in front of the rear wheel.

Sudsy

Restorium
09-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Not really. On my coach the water bypass valves are on the drivers side by the water pump. The water heater is on the passenger side in front of the rear wheel.

Sudsy

Copy that.

jamesham
09-08-2019, 12:38 PM
On our old classic Gulf Stream, the factory by pass is mounted to white piece of plastic directly behind and connected to the water heater. The plastic has blue printing on it indicating the correct direction for bypass. The actual valve is brass with a long metal handle that makes it easy to grab. Really cannot see the valve except with a long handle mirror or inspection camera on a flex probe. Easy to reach in an grab after you remove the drawers and inspection panel by the bed.

THenne1713
09-09-2019, 09:48 PM
First, it is a COLD WATER HEATER, IF IT WAS HOT, WHY WOULD U NEED TO HEAT IT, LOL :-) (OK, I concede, it is a HWTANK :-) 2) NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR MODEL, BUT ON MY OLD 99 GS MH, the HWT bypass Valve is in the / outside compartment w/ the WATER PUMP, also w/ the three Low Point Drains and the FWT and FW Level sensors. (below/ near the kitchen window)