PDA

View Full Version : ceiling paint

BOB&SHARON
09-07-2019, 01:37 PM
OUR 2000 ULTRA SUPREME has many discolored water spots on ceiling. it is a carpet like material. Can we paint the ceiling or is there a product on market to make it go away? Thanks

Sudsy
09-08-2019, 06:59 PM
I had the same situation.

Get a garden sprayer. Small cheap one.

Fill it with Hot water or at least warm. Add a scoop of Oxiclean.

Get a Shop Vac that can suck up water.

I used the small brush attachment and sprayed the spots with the oxiclean and use the vacuum cleaner to suck up the nasty brown stuff that comes off.

It worked great for me.

Sudsy

mikathi
09-15-2019, 10:31 AM
I know this is late but thought I'd send it anyway. Yes You can paint the carpetlike ceiling. Our 2005 Sun Voyager had the same ceiling material. It was shedding. Dropping little fibers like snow. I painted it to stabilize it. Used over 3 gallons of paint but it worked nicely.

EAGLE-1
09-15-2019, 01:18 PM
I used a small spray bottle with a 50/50 mix of peroxide and water and then blot with a towel

Tered0712
09-15-2019, 02:14 PM
Had same problem when I bought mine second hand. Old timer told me to get a spray bottle with fifty fifty water and bleach. Lightly spray, wait five minutes and watch stains disappear. NOTE cover things with a sheet to be sure no over spray occurs. Wife had just bought a new bed spread that now has purple dots. Still have not heard the end of that one yet! Good Luck

jamesham
09-15-2019, 03:34 PM
The carpet Gulf Stream used on the ceiling is called Ozite, and off-white is the most common color. The product made to clean it is called InstaGone, and is available on Amazon. It comes as a dry powder to be mixed with water. Comes with a small spray bottle. It works well. It removed water stains near our bathroom skylight, and grease from near the stovetop.

It has bleach so you want to wear clothes that you will throw away or do not mind lots of spots. Nose and eye protection are a must. A full face shield is better than safety googles so you do not taste the product. Gloves, scrub brush, old white towels or lots of rags, shop vac are used to apply and remove the product.

OUR 2000 ULTRA SUPREME has many discolored water spots on ceiling. it is a carpet like material. Can we paint the ceiling or is there a product on market to make it go away? Thanks

Dora's explorers
09-17-2019, 05:16 PM

Get a spray bottle of LA's Totally Awesome Prewash...$1.00 at The Dollar Store....spray and watch the stain disappear!

Also an excellent product on your exterior white (but moldy black) rubber trim!

This will be the best Dollar you've ever spent!