PDA

View Full Version : Cabin surround sound system

wanderinwiz
09-08-2019, 11:23 AM
I have a 2006 BT Cruiser with a shinsonic surround sound am/FM CD, DVD player. The receiver will not play any kind of discs and the volume button on the remote is inoperative. the space where it fits has a 4 inch height opening. Can anyone suggest a replacement?

Thanks,

William

Sudsy
09-08-2019, 01:55 PM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HHRMNYB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I replaced my dead CD player with this unit. I am very happy with it. It has a micro SD slot that I loaded with a bunch of my favorite albums and it also has Bluetooth. The external phone jack is also handy and that's where I plug in the XM (that I haven't re-activated since making my little SD card and putting it on mix/loop) It has a USB input on the front and a remote control.

I had to shave just a little off of the opening but it was an easy install. I got a matching plug for the original CD player and made my own harness. Didn't cut any wires t all!!!

Sudsy

wanderinwiz
09-09-2019, 08:24 AM
Thank you for the information. I was looking for the reciever/dvd player for the living area. It is like a home surround unit. It fits in an opening thats 4" x 20" again thank you for responding.

Sudsy
09-09-2019, 10:13 AM
I thought you were doing the dash radio.

Sudsy

Tinman
09-17-2019, 10:57 AM
I have a 2006 BT and when I bought it the system didn't work. I found a Sony HBD-TZ140 Surround system on Craigslist. $35.00 The dimensions were similar and it had FM,CD and DVD. I replaced the existing Bass speaker with the Sony but kept the original wall speakers, I took out the existing tube tv bought a roll of reflexix type material from Home Depot, encapsulated the fiberglass insulation that was exposed behind the tv , made a plywood door for that area and mounted a Vizio tv that I bought from Walmart to the outside of the door. I could then use the HDMI cable from the Sony system to the tv. I solved the problem with the sound system upgraded the tv and created alot of useful storage all in one.

wanderinwiz
09-17-2019, 12:47 PM
Thank you for the information.