PDA

View Full Version : Generac overheating

thepman
09-16-2019, 01:34 PM
I've been searching the internet and cannot find any info regarding the Generac Generator keeps over heating. I have tried just about everything from making sure the oil is full to the air cleaner as well as the oil filter. When it is in the 80's and above, the generator will shut down. Whether or not there is a heavy load. The gas tank is also full. Ive checked for debris in and around the generator for airflow also. Has anyone needed to or added an oil cooler? I am at a loss. Thanks in advance.

Restorium
09-17-2019, 06:48 AM
I've been searching the internet and cannot find any info regarding the Generac Generator keeps over heating. I have tried just about everything from making sure the oil is full to the air cleaner as well as the oil filter. When it is in the 80's and above, the generator will shut down. Whether or not there is a heavy load. The gas tank is also full. Ive checked for debris in and around the generator for airflow also. Has anyone needed to or added an oil cooler? I am at a loss. Thanks in advance.
Could be that the heat sensor is tripping below overheat temp.
I would switch out the sensor to make sure.

Sudsy
09-17-2019, 11:13 AM
Could be that the heat sensor is tripping below overheat temp.
I would switch out the sensor to make sure.

+1 concur----------------------------------

thepman
09-18-2019, 09:54 PM
Thank you for the responses. Ill check it out!

THenne1713
09-29-2019, 11:21 PM
If air cooled, have you pulled sheet-metal to inspect for INSECT/ VARMINT NESTS? (e.g wasps/ mice)