PDA

View Full Version : Power gear leveling/slides

Dune rider
10-14-2019, 02:46 PM
Hey everyone I’ve exhausted all my contacts regarding the 140-1179 power gear control module. M&M no longer fix that model. Does anyone have a replacement unit or ideas on a repair. It’s in a 2006 GS Freindship G7 with manual gear. Also my front slides act like they are on circuit breakers. It takes three or four tries to get them in or out but eventually they will get there. I bought the unit used with no manuals but have done extensive research online and cannot figure it out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
P/S after looking at wiring schematics, is there a possibility of making it automatic with a new controller and module.... anybody try that?

Sudsy
10-15-2019, 02:25 PM
Here is a link to the main page for the unit. Look at the links within to find what you need. I know there is a temperature sensor/cycle sensor in the syste that will cause it to timeout and need to be reset like a breaker. It's automatic It may also be faulty My problem is the switch design itself.I have a very hard time holding the switches in the desired position. It is probably due to my neuropathy

Sudsy

Dune rider
10-15-2019, 02:41 PM
Thanks Sudsy for the info. I will check it out.

Dune rider
10-15-2019, 02:43 PM
I can’t find the link, nothing where it says look here.

Sudsy
10-15-2019, 03:07 PM
https://support.lci1.com/dewald-leveling-system

I forgot to attach the link!

Sudsy

Dune rider
10-15-2019, 04:42 PM
Thanks Sudsy, I’ve been there. I’ve talked to lippert who now owns dewald /power gear . They tell me they can’t help me, even the tech department was useless. Their fix was to look on amazon or eBay. I’ve found a replacement for manual gear up to 2005 but no one can tell me if it will work with the 140-1179 system on my 2006. I have calls and emails out but no luck yet. Will post any updates I get.

proost
10-16-2019, 02:59 PM
Hey everyone I’ve exhausted all my contacts regarding the 140-1179 power gear control module. M&M no longer fix that model. Does anyone have a replacement unit or ideas on a repair. It’s in a 2006 GS Freindship G7 with manual gear. Also my front slides act like they are on circuit breakers. It takes three or four tries to get them in or out but eventually they will get there. I bought the unit used with no manuals but have done extensive research online and cannot figure it out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
P/S after looking at wiring schematics, is there a possibility of making it automatic with a new controller and module.... anybody try that?

Hey Dune rider,

Had the same issue and after COUNTLESS hours of searching and working with Lippert, in short, nope. You are doing the same thing I did and thought that based on the schematics, it should be doable, but the guts of the touch pads are all different even though the wiring looks the same. I went around the block with Lippert ace tech on this. I have a Tourmaster T40A and ultimately, we replaced the entire system from touch pad to hydraulic manifold with a new system and it is a DREAM. I have hydraulic jacks so they stayed and that was an actual challenge because many new systems have spring returns.

I have my old 140-1179 and hydraulic manifold that I'll ultimately sell off for parts.

Lastly, M&M said they are working on a generic replacement to the 140-1179 made in house because it was a particular chip they couldn't replace. They thought that maybe they would have something by the end of the year. Did they say anything to you about that?

Let me know if you need more information on what I replaced my system with.

Sudsy
10-16-2019, 03:42 PM
Thanks Sudsy, I’ve been there. I’ve talked to lippert who now owns dewald /power gear . They tell me they can’t help me, even the tech department was useless. Their fix was to look on amazon or eBay. I’ve found a replacement for manual gear up to 2005 but no one can tell me if it will work with the 140-1179 system on my 2006. I have calls and emails out but no luck yet. Will post any updates I get.

Can you post a picture of the entire pump/valve unit and the control box?

Sudsy

proost
10-16-2019, 04:51 PM

An idea, call (574) 537-8900 and ask to speak with Dustin Bowers at Lippert. He's the guy who was able to tell me if there was anything I could do to replace that 140-1179 on my coach. Super sharp on systems because of his tech background and he built a replacement out for me based on the unique requirements for my rig. I needed all new electronics/hydraulics but he tried to keep it localized to the smallest need possible. He's the guy.

Dune rider
10-16-2019, 06:01 PM
Proost thanks for the reply. M&M never mentioned they were working on a control. I guess I spoke to the wrong guy. I was really surprised with Lippert when he told me to go on amazon. Obviously again I got the wrong guy. You mind me asking what you ended up doing and what it cost.

proost
10-16-2019, 06:19 PM
Proost thanks for the reply. M&M never mentioned they were working on a control. I guess I spoke to the wrong guy. I was really surprised with Lippert when he told me to go on amazon. Obviously again I got the wrong guy. You mind me asking what you ended up doing and what it cost.

Yeah, I went through ALL of what you're going through right now and within the last 6 mos so hopefully I can help on this. I dug, dug, and dug and ultimately spoke to all the bubbas I needed to before pulling the trigger on an upgrade.

Can you tell me what your issues are with the panel so we can compare on that?

I ultimately replaced the 140-1179 and the pump assembly (no control box) with a new pump assembly, 4 point fully automatic control panel, and control box with all the associated fittings, hydraulic tubing, adapters, etc for $3500 and change and then the extra $1700-2000 for the labor. They estimated 20 hours to do the job but it came in less. It was a big expense but for us, who are going to full time it shortly, totally worth it. I honestly think that if you're pretty handy mechanically, you can install it yourself provided your jacks can stay put. Down here in AZ, I found a great shop but seriously, good workmanship is so hard to find. I was good having a shop do it.

That moment I pressed the auto button after going months with that old panel was pure euphoria. It all just went by itself! :)

Dune rider
10-16-2019, 09:03 PM
Hey Phil, my panel comes on initially with all the lights on. If I push any button it goes blank and won’t come on unless I cycle the key. If I fool around pressing front and rear and then rt rear 3 times the on button will flash. After that I turn it on and it always has the jacks down lite illuminated. Sometimes I can get it to extend, but then it takes some doing to get them to retract. It doesn’t always work, sometimes I have to try several times to get any response. Earlier today I got the jacks down lite to go off....woohoo... Neal

proost
10-16-2019, 10:50 PM
Hey Phil, my panel comes on initially with all the lights on. If I push any button it goes blank and won’t come on unless I cycle the key. If I fool around pressing front and rear and then rt rear 3 times the on button will flash. After that I turn it on and it always has the jacks down lite illuminated. Sometimes I can get it to extend, but then it takes some doing to get them to retract. It doesn’t always work, sometimes I have to try several times to get any response. Earlier today I got the jacks down lite to go off....woohoo... Neal

Whoa - I just read this out loud to my wife and we both shuddered. EXACTLY the same. Sending you a PM. Phil

Dennis4809
10-18-2019, 11:20 PM

Mine acted the same way. There is a circuit breaker but it’s on the pump motor. I repacked the motor and everything is fine. I’ll look up the motor but it’s the same a a Mercury outboard trim motor. Around $50 and you can replace without pulling the pump.

Dennis

Amazon listing
NEW TILT/TRIM MOTOR FITS MERCURY MARINER MERCRUISER 87828 88183A12 891736T
by Rareelectrical
4.8 out of 5 stars 5 ratings
Price: $65.00 & FREE Returns
Get $70 off instantl

Dune rider
10-19-2019, 04:14 PM
Dennis I will definitely give that a try. Thanks for your help. I replaced the relay this morning and it didn’t help. Thanks again , Neal

zippyphd
10-20-2019, 09:45 AM
I've been through much of what you state.

Symptoms: Slide refused to move, jacks did moved then quit.
Repair: pulled motor, repair shop shorted the thermal limiting switch in the motor, (Mercruser J something or other, as stated above) replaced. Worked fine.

New issue:
Symptom: Jacks lower, big slide goes out without problem, but when trying to retract, the slide will run, then stop. releasing and re-engaging switch will cause the slide to begin moving again then stop. Repeat several times and eventually it will come all the way in.

Repair: Haven't completed a repair, but the a hydraulic expert suggested it's probably the toggle switch. I have a replacement switch, but am not going to try to fix it until it's broke.. (hopefully never! :) ) Another possibility is one of the solenoids. I did have an RV repair shop offer a 'repair'.. Replace the system using some 'adapter', total cost $5k..

Dune rider
10-20-2019, 01:15 PM
I’ve changed the switch early on. It acts more like a circuit breaker. It takes a couple minutes and it’s both front slides. I ordered the motor yesterday, should be here Monday. One can only hope.. Thanks for your input.

THenne1713
10-20-2019, 01:39 PM

A few generic thoughts: 1) Levelers are binding (bent or needs lube?); 2) Contacts/ contactor/ switches intermittent and need replaced?; 3) Loose wires/ bad connections dropping voltage/ arcing? 4) Low/ bad battery or battery will not handle load properly? 5) If equipped with auto-reset circuit breakers, circuit breakers maybe tripping/ resetting at lower than rated (need replaced)? Start w/ a good, close visual inspection of all components?

Sudsy
10-20-2019, 01:49 PM
A few generic thoughts: 1) Levelers are binding (bent or needs lube?); 2) Contacts/ contactor/ switches intermittent and need replaced?; 3) Loose wires/ bad connections dropping voltage/ arcing? 4) Low/ bad battery or battery will not handle load properly? 5) If equipped with auto-reset circuit breakers, circuit breakers maybe tripping/ resetting at lower than rated (need replaced)? Start w/ a good, close visual inspection of all components?

The first time I ran my hydraulic system I heard how the motor drew a lot of current. I now make it my practice to have the generator running when I get to the camp when leveling and running the rooms out. I run everything in and jacks up before pulling shore power. This insures full voltage to the motor and relays. The lower the voltage the more current is needed to do the same job.

Just a thought.

Sudsy

Dune rider
10-21-2019, 03:33 PM
Hi guys , quick update I be been over every inch. This unit has 15673 miles on it and every thing looks new. Granted it is 13 years old but spent most it life in storage. The slides are straight and have been lubed, no visible wiring problems, barely a spider web anywhere.Ive replaced all batteries first thing, the switches are new along with the relay. Pretty sure narrowed down the jacks to the control pad. I have a motor coming for the slides although I don’t think that’s the problem but it’s cheap. I m leaning towards the leveling system controller causing both my problems.

SGTJAC
10-22-2019, 07:51 PM
Dune rider, Here is the picture of my current motor that is probably not going to last much longer. If I have to manually Jack everything back up and in, 823I won't either.:)

Dune rider
10-22-2019, 10:34 PM
That’s it. The new one is made in Taiwan and has the same j1171 number

Dune rider
10-23-2019, 07:51 PM
I have good news, the new pump fixed the slides!!!. It was a bit of a chore, the replacement had the wrong size lugs and I had to modify a bracket to gain access to the bottom screw. All in all about 2 1/2 hours... not bad for an old man. Thanks everyone for your input. Just need a 65$ cure for my jacks

Dennis4809
10-24-2019, 09:49 AM
I have good news, the new pump fixed the slides!!!. It was a bit of a chore, the replacement had the wrong size lugs and I had to modify a bracket to gain access to the bottom screw. All in all about 2 1/2 hours... not bad for an old man. Thanks everyone for your input. Just need a 65$ cure for my jacks

You’re welcome! Glad you took the chance and ordered the motor.
Dennis

JohnnyAfrica
10-24-2019, 04:22 PM
You gotta love the Internet sometimes....nice to see it was simple cost effective fix...lol

Chuck v
02-01-2020, 05:01 PM
Forum members!

Just found a 140-1179 in a box in my storage today (I sold the coach over a year ago...) I can't be positive but this may be a take out from when the dealer was getting my coach ready for me to buy it in 2008...

If anyone still needs this unit as a potential spare or for parts, just let me know and pay postage. Hope it helps someone...

Chuck

THenne1713
02-01-2020, 07:37 PM
For those that need to know, 140-1179= Power Gear Touch Pad

proost
02-01-2020, 10:12 PM
Forum members!

Just found a 140-1179 in a box in my storage today (I sold the coach over a year ago...) I can't be positive but this may be a take out from when the dealer was getting my coach ready for me to buy it in 2008...

If anyone still needs this unit as a potential spare or for parts, just let me know and pay postage. Hope it helps someone...

Chuck

I have the older hydraulic manifold which is compatible as well. I pulled it out when I replaced my system because my 140-1179 went out. This is awesome Glenn!

Happy to see this and my system go to a good home!

riverofcode
02-08-2020, 08:19 PM
I have this same touch pad system in our T40c and I hate it. My gasser 31' had an automatic leveler system that I really liked. With that one I could put each individual jack down or raise each one instead of having to retract all of them.

Does anyone have any idea how much stuff would need to be replaced to get the 140-1179 out of the picture and get something that can autolevel without spending a fortune?

Our system currently works nearly fine. I do have to repeatedly do a retract all or hold it in to get all the jacks completely retracted but otherwise no issues.

jlmanatee
02-12-2020, 10:17 AM
I have this touchpad too. Last year the R (rear) button started only lowering the rear-left jack. I could still lower the rear-right by using the rear-right button, so it's still functional. But of course I worry about if/when the whole control unit will fail and I've kept my eye out for solutions that others have implemented. I keep thinking that since this is a manual system, some kind of manual switch panel could be built. I mean if the pump motor, relays and valves all still work the problem should be down to replacing some switches. I'll keep my fingers crossed that some smart owner will find the answer.

Chuck v
02-12-2020, 11:50 AM
jlmanatee,

The 140-1179 controller assembly is much more than just a switch panel. There are two printed circuit assemblies sandwiched into this assembly that contain a microcomputer/micro-controller (MC68HC908...see the attached link for a 266 page data sheet. https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MC68HC908GP32.pdf )

The 140-1179 has this controller to scan the switches, drive the LED indicators, sequence the commands to the remotely controlled hydraulic system and manage the safety interlocks and logic for the status of the actuators, the parking brake, etc.

Some members here have fully converted their coach to use a completely different and fully automatic leveling system that can utilize existing hydraulic rams, thereby circumventing the manual controller built into the 140-1179 -- but as I understand the conversion it takes much more of the system to be replaced to do this.

To the best of my knowledge the failures that are common to the 140-1179 controller assembly is not the switches themselves but the electronics internal to this assembly. Hope this helps clarify the issues, here are some pictures of the internals of this control assembly. You can see the LED indicators that shine through the holes in the larger PCB, and the pressure dome switches are on the reverse side of this PCB as part of the panel cover/label.

Chuck

jlmanatee
02-12-2020, 02:09 PM
Hi Chuck,
Thanks for the information. So even if I thought I thought I might stand a chance of replacing that microchip, it would still be missing the correct ROM programming. Well, that's not very encouraging. :(

Chuck v
02-12-2020, 03:41 PM
As my post #26 states in this thread above, I am willing to give my unit to anyone for free that might utilize it. It may work better than the one you have now, and all it can cost is your time and some postage -- just PM me an address if you want it.

Chuck

riverofcode
02-14-2020, 07:59 AM
PM sent to you Chuck.

riverofcode
02-14-2020, 08:12 AM
For those needy technical geeks among us. I found this page about the processor in this controller... https://hackaday.io/project/14901-mc68hc08-programmer

I might need to see about wandering down a rabbit hole. :)

jlmanatee
02-14-2020, 12:10 PM
And I just threw out my Motorola assembly language programming books last week. :)
Actually it was the assembly language textbook for a PDP-11, but I digress.:rolleyes:

riverofcode
02-18-2020, 08:27 AM
The 140-1179 has this controller to scan the switches, drive the LED indicators, sequence the commands to the remotely controlled hydraulic system and manage the safety interlocks and logic for the status of the actuators, the parking brake, etc.
Chuck

The more I roll this around in my head the less I think there is to "controlling" the rams. I mean basically you have to have a lockout for if the engine is running or not and if the parking brake is set as I recall about operating the panel. There is a soft power on button and a warning led. The smaller panel has just multiple solid state relays on it which I assume toggle the solenoids/relays on the pump/manifold. I don't really see any major effort in building one using an Arduino or RaspPi. Does anyone have or know where I can get the pinouts for the sockets that the panel plugs into? I am thinking of cobbling up a few wires and leds to see what happens when I push what button.

riverofcode
02-18-2020, 08:58 AM
The more I roll this around in my head the less I think there is to "controlling" the rams. I mean basically you have to have a lockout for if the engine is running or not and if the parking brake is set as I recall about operating the panel. There is a soft power on button and a warning led. The smaller panel has just multiple solid state relays on it which I assume toggle the solenoids/relays on the pump/manifold. I don't really see any major effort in building one using an Arduino or RaspPi. Does anyone have or know where I can get the pinouts for the sockets that the panel plugs into? I am thinking of cobbling up a few wires and leds to see what happens when I push what button.

I found what I needed on page 13 of this... https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/leveling-and-stabilization/dewaldhydraulicleveling/pg_82_l0327.pdf

Chuck v
02-18-2020, 09:18 AM
Scott,

Yes, that is one of the many documents that I sent Jack on a USB stick when I mailed the controller to him. They were a bit numerous and large to post here as PDFs, and I did not keep a list of URLs where I had found them...

Chuck

riverofcode
02-24-2020, 02:10 PM
Not sure anybody is interested but... I am collecting parts to roll my own version of the 140-1179 panel using an Arduino as the microcontroller. In researching the real one I also noticed that the solid state relays as well as the microcontroller they use are both NLA by the respective manufacturers. I am currently looking at some other SSR's to handle switching. I am also looking at adding a feature to let me be able to retract a single or, in the case of the front, the pair of rams that we currently cannot do which I find frustrating. If I get really bored I even have a 6 degree of freedom gyro I may see about semi-leveling automation once I get it basically working. The plan is to make it plug and play with existing wiring and I have sourced a couple of the 3 sockets the wiring plugs into and have them on their way to me. (4 pin, 6 pin and 8 pin)

Sudsy
02-24-2020, 02:20 PM
Not sure anybody is interested but... I am collecting parts to roll my own version of the 140-1179 panel using an Arduino as the microcontroller. In researching the real one I also noticed that the solid state relays as well as the microcontroller they use are both NLA by the respective manufacturers. I am currently looking at some other SSR's to handle switching. I am also looking at adding a feature to let me be able to retract a single or, in the case of the front, the pair of rams that we currently cannot do which I find frustrating. If I get really bored I even have a 6 degree of freedom gyro I may see about semi-leveling automation once I get it basically working. The plan is to make it plug and play with existing wiring and I have sourced a couple of the 3 sockets the wiring plugs into and have them on their way to me. (4 pin, 6 pin and 8 pin)

Now my brain hurts!

Sudsy

riverofcode
02-24-2020, 02:32 PM
You're welcome. :)

Firecapt176
02-26-2020, 05:57 AM
Do you still have pad? I think mine gets hot and shuts down because I have to run jacks down, then reach behind control panel and unplug wire harness or else the panel gets hot and all lights come on and nothing will respond.

Firecapt176
02-26-2020, 06:15 AM
You're welcome. :)

I didn't understand the electronic language you were referencing, but it sounds like you have a grasp on what you are trying to attempt. I would love to hear from you and see if your controller retro project works.

riverofcode
02-26-2020, 10:07 AM
Just a side note... I will be posting panel replacement progress on this thread over on iRV2 forum to get a wider audience.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/powergear-140-1179-controller-479449.html

Firecapt176
02-26-2020, 10:15 AM
Thank you!

MAJWayne88
09-01-2020, 08:46 PM
Forum members!

Chuck

Don't suppose you still have this? I think that's what I need to fix my leveling leg issue. Thank you.

Chuck v
09-01-2020, 09:03 PM
Wayne,

Sorry, no -- it was sent to Jack as noted in post #39 of this thread (see page 2...)

Chuck

jjamison
07-26-2021, 06:52 PM
I'm having the same problem with my 140-1179. It doesn't seem to recognize the pressure switch shut off. It comes up to pressure and trips the thermal in the motor. When it cools it reengages the motor and trips again until I hit the fr reset. The switch is working I checked it against the gauge and it opens properly according to my meter. It looks like the computer is not recognizing the switch opening. Did you ever come to a resolution? And who is this M&M?

riverofcode
07-26-2021, 07:08 PM
A quick fix might be what "johns928" posted he did using momentary switches to get you by until I get off my rump and get to doing some coding. He would probably send you his schematic.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/powergear-touch-pad-470883.html

Dune rider
07-26-2021, 09:05 PM
Hi, I did get it fixed. The slide problem turned out to be the motor itself. It was an easy fix. The jacks well that was a problem. M&M WAS a rebuilder of these control boxes, they have since quit. There is virtually no one who can or will fix that particular controller. Lippert who took over was no help at all. I ended up having the whole system replaced with automatic leveling.. They replaced all the jacks and motor/manifold , control and all the wiring. About 8 grand and 6 weeks. They basically made a custom system . The old pump and manifold was kept to run the slides.

noledodge
07-28-2021, 08:41 AM
After reading about all these issues with the controller 140-1179, I was wondering if the unit with touchpad 500629 and control box 140-1170 was also having the same issues. I have located a 2008 supernova for sale that the owner said has a slide issue and one of the hydraulic jacks has stopped working and was wondering if this is the same problem. Any information is appreciated. Thanks Tracy

Torch
08-09-2021, 10:30 AM
I am having the same problems

MAJWayne88
08-09-2021, 02:38 PM
Is there a place in existence that can fix/rebuild the power gear 140-1179 hydraulic pump? My galley slide keeps creeping out on me, sometimes a little bit (1-2") sometimes a lot (6-12"). The hydraulic pump seems to always have hydraulic fluid puddled in the compartment, but the tank seems to have plenty of fluid in it.

OR....if anyone knows how to stop the slide creep, I'm all in.

2006 GS Yellowstone Class A motorhome

THenne1713
08-09-2021, 03:32 PM
Is there a place in existence that can fix/rebuild the power gear 140-1179 hydraulic pump? My galley slide keeps creeping out on me, sometimes a little bit (1-2") sometimes a lot (6-12"). The hydraulic pump seems to always have hydraulic fluid puddled in the compartment, but the tank seems to have plenty of fluid in it.

OR....if anyone knows how to stop the slide creep, I'm all in.

2006 GS Yellowstone Class A motorhome
I might suggest if RV shop offers no leads, call parts/ shop for a FORKLIFT DEALER, and ask if they know of a local hydraulic pump rebuild shop?

Chuck v
08-09-2021, 05:03 PM
Wayne,

This attached document speaks to the slide room drift issues. It could be leaks in the ram seals themselves, but more than likely it is the P.O check-valves in the pump manifold assembly...

clepp
08-22-2021, 10:54 PM
Here is the Power Gear service manual if it helps. If not someone else will probably need it.

JoVonna
02-28-2022, 03:20 PM
Hi- I've been on the hunt for a replacement or repair and have read through the entire thread on this forum. I've exhausted all of my resources and you may be my only hope. 🙏 Wondering how your project is going?
JoVonna

MAJWayne88
02-28-2022, 04:28 PM
Thank you, Chuck. I may find some nuggets in here. I'm with you about he internal ram leaks, but I will check the check valve as well. What I really want is to pay someone who knows what they're doing to FIX IT!! So far, no luck.

MAJWayne88
02-28-2022, 04:29 PM
Thank you, I have this manual already, thanks to Chuck V.

MAJWayne88
02-28-2022, 04:32 PM
Project currently waiting for me to get motivated, weather to warm up, and a major construction project to finish. The closest I've found to a "shop" is someone who will rebuild the components IF I REMOVE them and take them in to them, then reinstall them MYSELF!! I'm old, I'm cranky, I need help!! LOL

riverofcode
03-01-2022, 09:05 PM
Update to my thread... https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/powe...er-479449.html (https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/powergear-140-1179-controller-479449.html)

Since that post was quite old it wouldn't let me reply to it.
------
I figure I owe a status here. My wife and I recently sold out home and are now full time in the RV. Aug 2021-Jan 2022 was crazy busy trying to downsize from ~2200 sqft to ~300'ish, list the house and close the sale of it mid-Jan. We are now on the road and I have started noodling out some of the details of the panel again. Can't provide a timeline but its back on the burners and fire is lit.
New thread is: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/update-powergear-140-1179-controller-572244.html

hossross
03-03-2022, 11:15 AM
Why don't you guys ever measure an operating voltage minimum and current also? What are the voltage to the solenoids in and out up and down. what is the voltage to the pump if electrical powered

You list symptoms but no useful diagnostics gees get a volt meter and 20 amp current meter

chad956
01-22-2024, 08:11 AM
Reviving an old thread as I have encountered the same issue except my touch pad doesn't respond once it goes out aftre initial start up, BUT my hydraulic motor runs for about 30 secs every 2 minutes or so, as if it's trying to retract the legs. The only way I could get the lounge slide out was to unplug the key pad. Any clues as to what's happening anyone?

THenne1713
01-22-2024, 10:47 AM
Many slides and Most jacks are locked out when IGN=ON to prevent drive off damage, or extension on highway. If you have battery issues/ suspicions, run engine 15-30-minutes, THEN shut off and run jacks/ slides. Many JACKS AUTO RETRACT with Alarm when IGN=ON.

THenne1713
01-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Don't know your rig, but (my thought) an air or water pump is running? Is that possible?

Chuck v
01-22-2024, 11:35 AM
Chad,

You should be able to tell by the length and time span covered by this thread that the controller is a common issue and is very hard to find replacement parts for currently.

There is a process to 'reset' the control panel logic in the PowerGear documentation attached...

Chuck

chad956
01-22-2024, 11:47 AM
Many slides and Most jacks are locked out when IGN=ON to prevent drive off damage, or extension on highway. If you have battery issues/ suspicions, run engine 15-30-minutes, THEN shut off and run jacks/ slides. Many JACKS AUTO RETRACT with Alarm when IGN=ON.
Not mine, can drive with slides out but jacks retract automatically once in gear.

chad956
01-22-2024, 11:58 AM
Don't know your rig, but (my thought) an air or water pump is running? Is that possible?
It's an Sun Voyager 8339. It's 100% the hydraulic pump running, .

Eddndee
02-05-2024, 02:30 PM
I had bought a controller from a gentleman in Canada to use as a spare on my GS.. He had replaced his hydraulics with a manual system from a tractor with the operating levers in one of his cubbies. He says he loves it.