PDA

View Full Version : what is this for

roadwoman
10-27-2019, 02:55 PM
I have a 2006 Gulf stream 5291 Btouring model. Driver side lower rear panel has an opening about 3' long but diameter is not accommodating to a sewer hose. Someone said it was for a sewer hose but when they where small in diameter and not so fancy with these new ends. Is that what it was for?

Sudsy
10-27-2019, 05:45 PM
I have a 2006 Gulf stream 5291 Btouring model. Driver side lower rear panel has an opening about 3' long but diameter is not accommodating to a sewer hose. Someone said it was for a sewer hose but when they where small in diameter and not so fancy with these new ends. Is that what it was for?

I have one of those holes too but have never seen a hose that will fit.

Sudsy

ed.b
10-27-2019, 10:48 PM
I have the same on a 20'. Have no idea.
ed

Gulf Santa
11-03-2019, 09:26 AM
I have and 05 BT Cruiser with the same opening. I assumed it was for a smaller size sewer hose as well but I've never seen one that fits. Going to follow to see if anyone knows where to get the hose for this opening.

FWD
11-03-2019, 11:03 AM
It holds just enough cheap blue sewer hose with just the end that connects to MH outlet. You must push hose into this as much of it as possible. At Coe, NFS and related camping sites where you must drive to the dump station, getting MH as close as possible, you attach hose to sewer outlet and stretch the hose so that about a foot goes down into the hole. Using the cap or rock(something) to help keep hose in hole, go through your dump procedures. If the dump hole is to far, you can do what you normally do.
Been doing this for many years.
It only holds about 8-10 feet of hose

jamesham
11-03-2019, 11:04 AM
On my GulfStream, the hose compartment was not of much value since nothing would fit. I removed the door and pulled out the rest of the plastic that was brittle and cracked anyway. Replaced it with a very slightly larger plastic door and plastic box. I keep the fresh water fittings, regulator, adapters, etc. in the space now available.
The sewer hose goes in a large 6 inch round piece of PVC pipe tied to the rear bumper area....still not enough room to leave the fittings in place.

ed.b
11-03-2019, 11:13 AM
Where did you find 6" pipe?
Thanks, Ed

jamesham
11-03-2019, 11:26 AM
Menards Home Improvement Store...a chain of hardware and lumber stores in Midwest. 6 inch PVC pipe is $37,99 for 10 ft length of pipe. More than enough. Need a couple of end caps...I used threaded ones.

QUOTE=ed.b;29655]Where did you find 6" pipe?
Thanks, Ed[/QUOTE]

Tillie
11-03-2019, 05:57 PM
I just have a door with no compartment. If I was able to get a sewer hose in would just fall to the ground. I strung cargo net inside the battery area and put my hose and adapters there inside a net hamper bad.

Tinman
11-03-2019, 06:12 PM
I have a 2006 BT5290 . A Valterra 3” sewer hose will fit. The Valterra hose has screw on ends. You have to unscrew the ends and the hose will fit in that storage compartment. It is a pain to screw on the ends every time you have to use the hose.

KRoseVideo
11-04-2019, 07:04 AM

I have a similar hole on the side of my 2004 BT5211 BT Cruiser and it is a hole to the inside of my Water hose storage compartment. There is a larger door that is lower and toward the rear that opens for storing the water hoses, Water filters, gloves for dumping, etc.

bse12854
11-11-2019, 02:32 PM
It’s definitely a sewer hose compartment. You can use that compartment for a coiled compressor hose if you have a small compressor on board.

KRoseVideo
11-11-2019, 02:39 PM
On my BT Cruiser, it is just another hole into the storage compartment for water hoses, etc. It is much higher than my Black water and Gray water discharge points.

Daniel-J
11-12-2019, 11:50 PM
It holds just enough cheap blue sewer hose with just the end that connects to MH outlet. You must push hose into this as much of it as possible. At Coe, NFS and related camping sites where you must drive to the dump station, getting MH as close as possible, you attach hose to sewer outlet and stretch the hose so that about a foot goes down into the hole. Using the cap or rock(something) to help keep hose in hole, go through your dump procedures. If the dump hole is to far, you can do what you normally do.
Been doing this for many years.
It only holds about 8-10 feet of hose

Thank you, that should work! I will try.

Gulf Santa
06-28-2020, 10:17 AM
Maybe we can store a fishing pole or two in there.