PDA

View Full Version : Block Heater – Where & How-to Info

bbybee
02-07-2020, 01:02 PM
We are getting ready to head to Grand Canyon area later this week. (last min trip) And I have no idea how to use the block heater. I was told it had one when we bought it but was never showed how to use it. I have no documentation on it (or just about anything else for the RV).

I see what looks like an end of an extension-cord hanging down in the electrical bay-where my shore power cord plugs into- and I see a breaker labeled block heater but its tripped and will not reset.

Any help on this is welcome or point me in a direction I can find a manual about it.

Thanks again,
Buck

Frutza
02-07-2020, 04:37 PM
It is a plug in the bay with your power cord, then there's a breaker in your main breaker box, then just plug Rv in. Now the previous owner of mine never unplugged it so it was always on & burned up.
Plug it in & look at your Surge guard display, it should show 10 or so amps, another way to test is to unplug the 110 cord to the heater while it's all hooked up, if it draws a spark when you unug it, it's working
Or use a ohm meter on the cord to test it

bbybee
02-07-2020, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the info will try. Might have to move every 3-4 days in the cold and snow at the canyon ...

Buck